Get to Know Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
What to Know About a Great Private University That Offers Affordable STEM Degrees Linked to Careers
There's so much that's great about Harrisburg University. It's hard to choose what's the best reason to attend college here. The following are a few of the things our students say they value most about Harrisburg University:
2. We offer one of the lowest tuitions for a private university education in Pennsylvania and back that up by great scholarships and other financial aid.
3. Our student body is one of the most ethnically diverse among private colleges, so no matter who you are, you'll feel right at home.
4. Every major requires an internship so you are guaranteed to receive real-world experience that is valued by employers. U.S. News & World Report ranks HU #3 in the nation for "Highest Internship Placement Rates."
5. Our campus is located in the heart of downtown Harrisburg, the thriving capital of Pennsylvania, where there are vast opportunities for internships, jobs, and entertainment.
6. We offer programs that connect our students to the business community for mentoring and network building - a huge career asset.
7. For U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Colleges guide, guidance counselors placed HU at #149 out of hundreds of national liberal arts colleges as a place they would recommend to students to get the best undergraduate education.
8. New, apartment-style housing across the street from your classes.
9. Faculty integrate their corporate and industry experience with hands-on projects.
10. Begin taking classes in your major during your first year.
It all adds up to one fact: You belong at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Ready for the next step? Request information on our programs. Share your contact information so we can continue the conversation through email or Facebook. Consider a visit to the campus. We offer private tours and special admissions events throughout the year. You can register by calling the admissions office at 717.901.5101. Learn more about the admissions process here or begin your online application.
Harrisburg University is an equal opportunity institution committed to the principle that access to study or employment opportunities afforded by the university, including all benefits and privileges, be accorded to each person-student, faculty member, staff member, or applicant for employment or admission-on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, sex or age (except where sex and age is a bona fide occupational qualification).
As required by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended), the university is committed to the broad application of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Age Discrimination Act of 1975.