Here, the business world and the academic world meet up in ways that inspire employees and build organizational capacity. We offer a growing array of public offerings for continuing education and many ways of working directly with companies to fulfill their unique needs through customized training.
Whether you're looking for professional development to enhance your knowledge and skills, or training for employees, Harrisburg University's approach to learning could be exactly the type of resource you need.
Professional Development Resources for Your Organization
Organizations invest in their human capital in order to be competitive and profitable, to meet strategic business objectives and priorities, and to innovate. HU recognizes this and works with many different kinds of organizations to develop and support training and education initiatives as a part of this investment.
a part of this investment. HU is an active member of the workforce community and, therefore, is a local, long-term partner interested in understanding, and responding to, your organization's professional development priorities.
We operate based on the driving values of integrity, responsiveness, flexibility and utility.
We value the importance of experiential learning, and our professional and continuing education programs demonstrate this. Through innovative, applied, and learner-focused programs, participants gain access to expert information, in a way that allows them to reflect on how this can be applied in their day-to-day responsibilities.
We have worked with organizations to develop a wide range of solutions that include:
- Noncredit training events, series, and
- On-site, credit-based offerings, short of a degree, such as workshops, institutes, clinics, concentrations and specializations
- On-site degree programs
- Academic Program Evaluation of Employer Training
Leveraging the Expertise of our Applied Centers & Institutes
The centers and institutes at HU provide a venue where innovation, technical expertise and professional skills and knowledge can be used to benefit organizations within the region and beyond. The thought leadership of faculty and subject matter experts which drives some of our academic programs can be leveraged to support the workforce development and training needs of your organization.
HU's centers include the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, the Food Science and Technology Center, the Geospatial Technologies Center and the Government Technology Institute.
- Leverage university resources and expertise within our network for professional development
- Focus on key areas of academic strength within science and technology and related fields
- Staffed by professionals with significant experience and expertise in meeting the education and training needs of university clients
- Conduct education and training needs analyses (if needed)
- Consultative approach to the development of training and education solutions
- Work to find fit between the organizations we serve and the subject matter experts matched with them
- Align with, and complement, existing professional development resources in organizations
- Build on previous programs developed, but strict, "off the shelf" and "one size fits all" are the exception rather than the norm
- Develop schedules and budgets that meet the needs of your organization and employees
- We deliver education and training where it makes the most sense and has the most impact. On-site at your organization, on-campus in Harrisburg, or some combination of the two
- All professional development programs follow the university's commitment to applied, experiential and competency-based training and education
- Focus on enhancing the ability of professionals to apply what they have learned immediately (and over the long-term) to their jobs and positions