There’s always a lot happening at Harrisburg University. Browse the links below to get the latest news, events, and information about what is going on at the University. For more information on events or news items, please contact the University by e-mailing Connect@HarrisburgU.edu or call 717.901.5146.
- New Project Supported by the National Science Foundation Focuses on the Mathematics of Real-world Problems
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded the National Center for Science and Civic Engagement (NCSCE) of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology a three-year $550,000 grant for Engaging Mathematics: Building a National Community of Practice, a faculty development and dissemination initiative.
Dec 11, 2013
- HU Launches Online M.S. in Information Systems Engineering and Management Degree Program
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Pennsylvania now offers an entirely online Master of Science degree in Information Systems Engineering and Management (ISEM).
Dec 10, 2013
- Harrisburg High Students To Attend Harrisburg University Through Funding From Harrisburg Public Schools Foundation
Students from Harrisburg High School’s Sci-Tech High can attend Harrisburg University of Science and Technology while they are in high school to earn college credit. The program is being funded through a $333,000 donation from Penn National Insurance.
Dec 4, 2013
- HU's Scholarships Reward Good Grades in High School: A 3.8 GPA Qualifies for $20,000 Scholarship
While other universities require students to jump through hoops for scholarships, Harrisburg University is awarding scholarship money to incoming students for Fall 2014 who earned good grades in high school.
Dec 3, 2013
- A Brewing Career at Sam Adams for this Microbiology Graduate
What do you do with a thirst for success and a Harrisburg University degree in biotechnology with an emphasis on microbiology? You go work for a beer company, of course! And, not just any beer company; you get a job as a microbiologist at one of the most successful brewing companies in the world – Samuel Adams!
Dec 2, 2013
- Online Active Learning Specialist Certificate
This course provides an in-depth overview of the pillars of active learning: physical literacy, educational neuroscience, cognitive psychology and best practices. Educators will be equipped with the tools needed to create, implement and evaluate active learning strategies—for the classroom, gymnasium, athletic field, school, district or alternative educational settings.
Nov 22, 2013 - Mar 3, 2014
- WEBINAR: Advanced Instructional Design: Check Out Micro Instructional Design for Problem- and Game-Based Learning
Join this online session to explore David Merrill’s Pebble in the Pond (PiP) instructional design model for problem-based learning and consider how it can also be applied to game-based learning design.
Dec 17, 2013
- Fundamentals of Quality Management: Risk Analysis and Root Cause
This course will explore the methods for identifying, managing and mitigating issues that present risks to the quality of the product.
Jan 8-9, 2014
- ITIL Foundation Certification
ITIL® Foundation with Case Study The ITIL® 2011 Edition course is the entry level certification course for IT Service Management Best Practices training in ITIL.
Jan 14-16, 2014
- Changing Education with Active Learning - Free Webinar
Teachers who want to increase engagement in the classroom, leverage the mind-body connection to increase academic performance, and increase students' physical and health literacy, are applying Active Learning with their students. Attend this free webinar to learn about the role of Active Learning in changing education.
Jan 21, 2014
- Sign Up for the First Year in Philly Open House
Please join us at an informational open house, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 19, in the Hussian School of Art, Bourse Building, Suite 300, 111. S. Independence Mall East.
Dec 19, 2013
- Entering HU for the Spring Semester?
New Student Orientation for incoming students for the spring semester.
Jan 2, 2014
- Harrisburg University Virtual Open House
- Harrisburg University is home to a vibrant and active campus community, with outstanding academic, social and recreational opportunities. Learn more from our virtual open house! Have questions about our academic programs, admissions, financial aid, and scholarships? Right from your computer, learn about the many majors available! No need to travel! The virtual open house is the right place to learn and ask questions about our academic programs, cost of attendance and student life. Later, you can share your contact information so we can continue the conversation through email or Facebook.
Jan 14, 2014