There’s always a lot happening at Harrisburg University. Browse the links below to get the latest news, events, and information about what is going on at the University. For more information on events or news items, please contact the University by e-mailing Connect@HarrisburgU.edu or call 717.901.5146.
- Harrisburg High Students To Attend Harrisburg University Through Funding From Harrisburg Public Schools Foundation
Students from Harrisburg High School’s Sci-Tech High can attend Harrisburg University of Science and Technology while they are in high school to earn college credit. The program is being funded through a $333,000 donation from Penn National Insurance.
Dec 4, 2013
- HU's Scholarships Reward Good Grades in High School: A 3.8 GPA Qualifies for $20,000 Scholarship
While other universities require students to jump through hoops for scholarships, Harrisburg University is awarding scholarship money to incoming students for Fall 2014 who earned good grades in high school.
Dec 3, 2013
- A Brewing Career at Sam Adams for this Microbiology Graduate
What do you do with a thirst for success and a Harrisburg University degree in biotechnology with an emphasis on microbiology? You go work for a beer company, of course! And, not just any beer company; you get a job as a microbiologist at one of the most successful brewing companies in the world – Samuel Adams!
Dec 2, 2013
- What’s the Definition of Success? Derek Ivey Will Google It For You!
You would have to search far and wide to find someone who doesn’t use the word “Google” daily without a second, third or fourth thought. It’s a noun. It’s a verb. For Derek Ivey, it’s a lifestyle and his professional home. Everyone knows that education is important, but for this recent Harrisburg University graduate, the real-world experiences he received at HU have led him to San Jose, Ca. where is he now a Corporate Operations Engineer for none other than the search engine giant itself!
Dec 1, 2013
- Nathaniel Clarke Well on His Way to a Career in Computer Security
Nathaniel Clarke is already making an impact on his future career and believes that his experiences from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, as well as his internship, have prepared him for his future career ahead.
Nov 25, 2013
- Online Active Learning Specialist Certificate
This course provides an in-depth overview of the pillars of active learning: physical literacy, educational neuroscience, cognitive psychology and best practices. Educators will be equipped with the tools needed to create, implement and evaluate active learning strategies—for the classroom, gymnasium, athletic field, school, district or alternative educational settings.
Nov 22, 2013 - Mar 3, 2014
- Free Lunch & Learn Seminar on ITIL Case Study:ITIL, One Step at a Time
This presentation will discuss the experiences in implementing ITIL at a large healthcare system in Central Pennsylvania in order to improve IT service-level management, and change other IT disciplines, while at the same time managing costs.
Dec 9, 2013
- Changing Education with Active Learning - Free Webinar
Teachers who want to increase engagement in the classroom, leverage the mind-body connection to increase academic performance, and increase students' physical and health literacy, are applying Active Learning with their students. Attend this free webinar to learn about the role of Active Learning in changing education.
Dec 9, 2013
- Advanced Instructional Design: Get Ready, Get Set, Use Social Learning!
Attend this workshop to develop a strategy for using social learning in your organization.
Dec 11, 2013
- WEBINAR: Advanced Instructional Design: Check Out Micro Instructional Design for Problem- and Game-Based Learning
Join this online session to explore David Merrill’s Pebble in the Pond (PiP) instructional design model for problem-based learning and consider how it can also be applied to game-based learning design.
Dec 17, 2013
- Sign Up for the First Year in Philly Open House
Please join us at an informational open house, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 19, in the Hussian School of Art, Bourse Building, Suite 300, 111. S. Independence Mall East.
Dec 19, 2013
- Entering HU for the Spring Semester?
New Student Orientation for incoming students for the spring semester.
Jan 2, 2014
- Harrisburg University Virtual Open House
- Harrisburg University is home to a vibrant and active campus community, with outstanding academic, social and recreational opportunities. Learn more from our virtual open house! Have questions about our academic programs, admissions, financial aid, and scholarships? Right from your computer, learn about the many majors available! No need to travel! The virtual open house is the right place to learn and ask questions about our academic programs, cost of attendance and student life. Later, you can share your contact information so we can continue the conversation through email or Facebook.
Jan 14, 2014
- Register today for HU's Winter Open House
Join us for our Winter Open House to learn more about the University and the programs we have to offer in Science and Technology!
Feb 1, 2014
- Financial Aid Workshop - February 17, 2014
For students enrolling in college this fall, February is the month to complete much of the important financial aid process for Fall 2014.
Feb 17, 2014