Page 1 of 1
- Free Lecture: Collaboration Strategies for Improving Research and Innovation Performance and University Competitiveness
During this free presentation that is open to the community, Dr. Cantu-Ortiz will address the issue of team collaboration among professors and research staff for improving research and innovation performance indicators as well as university competitiveness as measured by various international rankings.
Aug 26, 2014
- DiSanto Chair Distinguished Speaker Series: Money Matters on Campus: Financial Capability & First-Year College Students
The free presentation will also include a discussion of the relationship between financial capability and college success, as well implications for institutions, policy makers and researchers.
Sep 18, 2014
- Put Yourself in the Shoes of Entrepreneur During Startup Weekend Harrisburg
The concept is simple: You arrive at Harrisburg University on a Friday night and you leave with a business on Sunday evening. Thatâ€™s the idea behind Startup Weekend Harrisburg, scheduled for October 3-5, 2014 at Harrisburg University. The Harrisburg event is part of a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures.
Oct 3-5, 2014
- DiSanto Chair Distinguished Speaker Series in Financial Literacy: Investing in the Global Economy in 2014
What are the fundamentals of investing in the current global economy? How to navigate the challenges? What does active and passive investing mean today and where is it going? This free event is part of the DiSanto Chair Distinguished Speaker Series in Financial Literacy. Each month, Harrisburg University will host a free discussion open to the community examining financial literacy from a macro-view.
Oct 16, 2014
- DiSanto Chair Distinguished Speaker Series: Capital Market Oversight by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
The discussion will address industry practices by investment banks and other broker/dealers that raise capital for businesses in primary markets, where new stock and bond issues are sold to investors, and secondary markets, which trade existing securities. We also will explore FINRA's role in regulating these markets. FINRA is an independent, not-for-profit organization authorized by Congress to protect America's investors by making sure the securities industry operates fairly and honestly. The free event is part of the DiSanto Chair Distinguished Speaker Series in Financial Literacy
Nov 6, 2014