- STEM Leader to Serve as Commencement Speaker for Harrisburg University Class of 2015
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will welcome Dr. Vernon Ross, Jr., Director of STEM, Generations, & Higher Education for Lockheed Martin Corporation culture, diversity and equal opportunity programs in King of Prussia, as its Commencement Speaker for the Class of 2015.
Apr 24, 2015
- Fulbright Specialist grant gives Harrisburg University an advantage in education abroad
The Fulbright Specialist grant has given Harrisburg University of Science and Technology another chance to learn from academics abroad.
Apr 22, 2015
- Sign Up for the The Pennsylvania BioGENEius Challenge hosted at Harrisburg University
Let the BioGENEius in you come out! Explore the power of biotechnology and excel as a budding scientist by taking part in the the BioGENEius Challenge on May 21st at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Apr 22, 2015
- HU 2015 Summer Camps: Earn College Credits and Have Fun!
Are you naturally curious? Do you like to fix things, make things, or understand how things work by taking them apart? Wouldn't it be great if you could earn college credit while having fun exploring your passion? If you're in high school and ready to test out a college class, the Summer Exploration Camps are the perfect opportunity! Earn college credit and have fun. It's a great way to stay active this summer.
Apr 21, 2015
- Summer Learning Technologies Master of Science Courses
Expand your capabilities in training and education or start a new career path with the Learning Technologies Master of Science (LTMS) program at Harrisburg University.
Apr 18, 2015
- Harrisburg University Senior Wins Cash Prize In Financial Planning Competition
While working on a class financial project, Jacob Grove had to outline financial goals, some that could be obtained now and others later down the road.
Apr 13, 2015
- 2014 Honors List
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology congratulates the following students for their scholarship and inclusion on the 2014 Honors List. The Honors List recognizes undergraduates who earn a semester grade point average of 3.50 or higher; and who have completed a minimum of 9 semester hours of course work.
Apr 13, 2015
- Harrisburg University welcomes Charles Zogby as Vice President of Secondary School Services, Programs and Partnerships
In February, Charles Zogby joined Harrisburg University of Science and Technology as the Vice President of Secondary School Services, Programs and Partnerships, bringing his entrepreneurial spirit to help build the universityâ€™s connections and programs.
Mar 27, 2015
- You Are Invited to This Special Event on Entrepreneurship!
Starting a company is an arduous and lonely journey, and entrepreneurship is a constantly evolving discipline. Come meet, interact, and learn from expert entrepreneurs who will talk about their entrepreneurial journey and share valuable advice.
Mar 25, 2015
- Entrepreneurship Panel to Feature DC Founder Institute Graduates
Starting a company is an arduous and lonely journey, and entrepreneurship is a constantly evolving discipline. On April 16, 2015, come meet, interact, and learn from expert entrepreneurs who will talk about their entrepreneurial journey and share valuable advice. Join us to learn the myths and realities about starting your own business.
Mar 23, 2015
- Jay Liebowitz to Release New Book to Guide Rising Academics, Faculty in the Publishing World
As the DiSanto Visiting Chair in Applied Business and Finance at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, DJay Liebowitz feels he holds an important role in showcasing the academic excellence of the school's faculty.
Mar 19, 2015
- 2015 Analytics Applications Summit is Sold Out!
Scheduled for April 20th at Harrisburg University, the 2015 Analytics Applications Summit will focus on the current state-of-the-art applications and future trends in various types of analytics and sectors. Leading analytics practitioners and educators will present their views and allow plenty of time for interactive discussion to promote an active learning environment. You will come away with understanding how analytics can play a key role in your organization, how to get started, what others are doing, and where the field is heading.
Mar 17, 2015
- Grant Hoover finds real world experience through Harrisburg Universityâ€™s Interactive Media program
There isn't a challenge that Grant Hoover isn't willing to tackle. The 18-year-old sophomore at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has tried to do his best in any project set before him.
Mar 14, 2015
- Community Invited to Free Lecture on Preventing Charity Fraud & Embezzlement
The community is invited to a free discussion: Staying Out of Trouble: Charity Fraud, Embezzlement, and More, scheduled for March 19th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in PA.
Mar 13, 2015
- Harrisburg University Mourns Passing of Former Board Member Thomas Kirchhoff
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology community mourns the passing of former Board of Trustee member Thomas Kirchhoff.
Mar 11, 2015
- HU Taps Former Secretary of the Office of Administration as VP for Strategic Workforce Development & Univ Ctrs
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has hired Kelly Powell Logan, who served as Secretary of the Office of Administration under Governor Corbett, as its Vice President for Strategic Workforce Development and University Centers.
Mar 4, 2015
- Life Sciences and Economic Growth Panel to Feature HU Professor
Dr. Leena Pattarkine of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty will be among the panelists discussing life sciences and economic growth in the region.
The panel, Life Sciences: A Catalyst for Regional Economic Growth, is part of the Leadership Harrisburg Area Community Leadership Series and will occur at 1:30 p.m., March 4.
Mar 3, 2015
- HU Professor to Help Set Editorial Policies for Social Scientists Association
A Harrisburg University of Science and Technology professor will help set the editorial policies for the Southwestern Social Science Association (SSSA).
Dr. Mehdi Noorbaksh, Professor of International Affairs and Business and Coordinator of General Education at Harrisburg University, has joined the Editorial Policies Committee of the SSSA and will attend its April 2015 annual meeting in Denver, CO. The meeting draws about 1,000 social scientists from across the country and the world.
Feb 26, 2015
- HU Professor to Speak About Arab Spring, Islamists and Social Movements During Conference
A Harrisburg University of Science and Technology professor will present on the Arab Spring, Islamists and Social Movements during an upcoming international conference at Queenâ€™s University in Ontario, Canada.
Feb 26, 2015
- Registration Open For Undergraduate Accepted Student Day
Start your HU career by signing up for Accepted Student Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, March 28th, here at HUâ€™s breathtaking, state-of-the-art academic center. This is a great event for you and your family. Learn more about academics and campus life at HU, and mingle with current and incoming students, faculty, and staff. There will be campus tours and answers to any last questions you have about whatâ€™s ahead. Registration and check-in will begin at 9 a.m.
Feb 20, 2015