- Community Invited to Free Lecture on Preventing Charity Fraud & Embezzlement
The community is invited to a free discussion: Staying Out of Trouble: Charity Fraud, Embezzlement, and More, scheduled for March 19th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in PA.
Feb 27, 2015
- HU Professor to Help Set Editorial Policies for Social Scientists Association
A Harrisburg University of Science and Technology professor will help set the editorial policies for the Southwestern Social Science Association (SSSA).
Dr. Mehdi Noorbaksh, Professor of International Affairs and Business and Coordinator of General Education at Harrisburg University, has joined the Editorial Policies Committee of the SSSA and will attend its April 2015 annual meeting in Denver, CO. The meeting draws about 1,000 social scientists from across the country and the world.
Feb 26, 2015
- HU Professor to Speak About Arab Spring, Islamists and Social Movements During Conference
A Harrisburg University of Science and Technology professor will present on the Arab Spring, Islamists and Social Movements during an upcoming international conference at Queenâ€™s University in Ontario, Canada.
Feb 26, 2015
- Registration Open For Undergraduate Accepted Student Day
Start your HU career by signing up for Accepted Student Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, March 28th, here at HUâ€™s breathtaking, state-of-the-art academic center. This is a great event for you and your family. Learn more about academics and campus life at HU, and mingle with current and incoming students, faculty, and staff. There will be campus tours and answers to any last questions you have about whatâ€™s ahead. Registration and check-in will begin at 9 a.m.
Feb 20, 2015
- HU announces Director of Learning Assessment
Dr. Christina Dryden has accepted the position as Director of Learning Assessment at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in PA. A member of the faculty at Harrisburg University since 2005 , Dr. Dryden will continue to serve as Associate Professor of Integrative Sciences.
Feb 17, 2015
- Financial literacy contest names three Harrisburg School District winners
Three Harrisburg School District students will be awarded cash prizes for their award-winning presentations that answer the question, "What does financial literacy mean to me?"
Feb 16, 2015
- For Matthew Dangle, Interactive Media Is An Opportunity to Change Lives
For Matthew Dangle, the chance to build and create interactive media is an opportunity to change lives. When he designs a website or game, he strives to make "something people can use."
Feb 10, 2015
- HU's Coursework Positions Jada White for Graduate School
When Jada White first heard about Harrisburg University, it seemed like a good fit for her interest in pharmaceutical design. And when she saw HU's academic center, abundant with windows overlooking the heart of downtown Harrisburg, she fell in love.
Jan 27, 2015
- HU's Diversity, Size and Personal Attention Make it a Great Fit for Lewis Ellis
Lewis Ellis had never considered leaving his hometown of Philadelphia for college - until he heard about Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Now, 20 and a junior in the Interactive Media program, Ellis can't think of anywhere else he'd rather be.
Jan 26, 2015
- Interactive Media student sees a promising future
It didn't take long for Arie Prickler to realize he wanted more when it came to his career.
The 20-year-old Lehigh County native had received his Associate's Degree in Program Development from Lehigh Carbon Community College, but knew he would need a stronger foundation to succeed in the gaming industry.
Jan 22, 2015
- Unisys Sponsors Harrisburg University Security Center of Excellence to Help PA State and Local Governments Protect Data
Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced its sponsorship of the Security Center of Excellence at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology to promote ways to protect government data and systems from hackers and other unauthorized access.
Jan 15, 2015
- Employers are Invited to Make A Great Hire at the 2015 Career Fairs
We invite you to showcase your organization to a diverse group of undergraduate, graduate and alumni specializing in technology and science. The 2015 Career Fairs are an opportunity to meet students and alumni from fields such as computer science, IT project management, new media design, information systems engineering and management, analytics, geospatial technology, ebusiness, and biotechnology. The free fairs are scheduled for Friday, February 20th and Friday, April 17th at Harrisburg University. You may collect resumes from individuals attending the fair and interviews rooms will be available.
Jan 8, 2015
- HU Students Part of The Digital Harrisburg Project: Mapping the Growth of the Pennsylvania State Capital
On Monday, January 19, from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Professors David Pettegrew of Messiah College and Albert Sarvis of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will discuss and demo a new interactive map of Harrisburg in 1900.
Jan 7, 2015
- Sign for the 2015 Global Game Jam at HU
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be a host site for The Global Game Jam (GGJ), the world's largest game jam event (game creation) taking place January 23rd-25th around the world at physical locations.
Jan 6, 2015
- Game Designer in Residence gives students access to an industry veteran
The Interactive Media program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will grow thanks to the addition of John E. Williamson as a Game Designer in Residence.
Jan 5, 2015
- What Do You Need to Know About Raising Capital and Banking for Starting a New Business
Want to start your own business and wondering how to raise the capital? That's the topic of a free panel discussion set for 5:30 to 7 p.m., February 19th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Jan 5, 2015
- Lenora Crudup, Class of 2017: Building Opportunities for Her Future
Lenora Crudup calls herself a "science nerd" who was good at genetics in high school, but she doesn't want to do something because she's good at it but because she enjoys it. She had an inkling of her future path in forensics when her high school anatomy class witnessed an autopsy.
Jan 1, 2015
- Game Designer in Residence added to growing Interactive Media program at Harrisburg University
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is pleased to announce the addition of its first Game Designer in Residence.
John Williamson joins the Interactive Media program with more than 15 years of experience as a video game developer. His work includes "Hawken," "American's Army," "Spec Ops," "Rainbow Sixâ€ť and "Frogger."
Dec 19, 2014
- HU President and Several Trustees to Join Governor-elect Tom Wolf Transition Team
Several members of the Harrisburg University community will join Governor-elect Tom Wolf's transition team.
Dec 16, 2014
- Lifelong learning a key component for Harrisburg University Learning Technologies' graduate students
Many of the graduate students at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology balance time between classes and careers. For those in the Learning Technologies Master of Science program, the two sometimes cross paths, allowing students to apply classroom lessons to real world situations.
Dec 15, 2014