- NCSCE Announces Civic Engagement Partnership Support Awardees
The National Center for Science and Civic Engagement (NCSCE) of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is pleased to announce the six partnership awardees for its Civic Engagement Partnership Support Awards.
Jun 18, 2013
- Ever Wonder What it Takes to Be An Entrepreneur? Sign up for Startup Weekend Harrisburg to Create Your Own Company
The concept is simple: You arrive at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on Friday night and you leave with a business on Sunday evening.
Jun 17, 2013
- Leaders in Law, Entrepreneurship, Education, and Entertainment to Join Harrisburg University’s Board of Trustees
Five new members will join the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Board of Trustees beginning July 1, 2013. At its June 13th meeting the board appointed Shawn Farr, David Figuli, Carmen Finestra, Thomas Paese, and Cynthia Traeger to serve four-year terms.
Jun 14, 2013
- Integrating Physical Activity And Learning Is Focus Of New Certificate For Active Learning Specialists
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and Fizika Group, LLC, have launched a new educational program aimed at enabling educators and administrators to become certified Active Learning Specialists.
Jun 12, 2013
- HU Analytics Programs Can Lead to "The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century"
Looking for a career change or a college major that's all but guaranteed to result in a hefty salary with copious benefits? Big data may not seem the obvious choice, but it could be your best, according to a recent CNBC.com article by Chris Morris.
Jun 10, 2013
- Limited Seats Available for HU's 2013 Nanobiotechnology Explorations Camp at North Museum Lancaster Location!
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will hold a STEM-based Nanobiotechnology Explorations Summer Camp from 9 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., Monday-Friday, July 29 to August 2nd, 2013. The cost for this 2 college credit course is $841/- that includes lunch for all days The camp is at the North Museum of Natural History & Science, 400 College Avenue in Lancaster.
Jun 7, 2013
- HU to Host Special Screening Of Award Winning Documentary American Winter
CONTACT Helpline hold a one-time special screening of the award winning documentary AMERICAN WINTER at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 13th in the Auditorium at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Jun 4, 2013
- Free Presentation on Mobile Web Development at Grad Open House
Come learn about how the Pa Department of Conservation and Natural Resources developed its mobile website and see live demonstrations of its core functions during a free presentation at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 12th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 23, 2013
- University Unveils First Year in Philadelphia Program
Students accepted to Harrisburg University of Science & Technology may now begin their college education in Philadelphia. The University will be offering the entire first-year curriculum in Philadelphia at Independence Mall in the historic Bourse building, home to Hussian School of Art.
May 21, 2013
- HU to Freeze Tuition for 2013-2014
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology President Eric Darr announced a freeze of tuition for the 2013-14 school year, keeping the school's tuition nearly $6,000 below the average for private universities in Pennsylvania and more than $8,700 below the national average for private universities.
May 21, 2013
- World Famous Laughing at My Nightmare Blogger to Give Motivational Talk at HU
20-year-old, Bethlehem, PA native, Shane Burcaw, whose humorous blog about living with muscular dystrophy has gained over 350,000 followers, will be stopping to give a talk at Harrisburg University on Wednesday, May 29 at 6 PM. This talk is the final stop on Burcaw’s East Coast speaking tour, which will be taking him from Pennsylvania to Florida and back
May 17, 2013
- Professor to Conduct Workshop at National MicroNanoTechnology Conference
Dr. Leena Pattarkine of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty has been invited to conduct a workshop at the 2013 MicroNanoTechnology (MNT) Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
May 14, 2013
- HU Welcomes Its Newest Alumni: Class of 2013 Commencement
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology's newest alumni earned their degrees today during the University’s 2013 Commencement and Partners Day exercises.
May 9, 2013
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Names New President
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Board of Trustees has selected interim school president Dr. Eric Darr as President effective immediately.
May 9, 2013
- Professor Wins "Technology Educator of the Year" Honors
Chuck Davis of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology was named the “Technology Educator of the Year: Post-Secondary Category” during The Technology Council of Pennsylvania 21st Annual PA Tech Awards Celebration.
Apr 11, 2013
- Free Community Forum to Address What IT Professionals Should Know about Digital Forensics
Scheduled for 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., May 16th in the Auditorium at Harrisburg University, the “Digital Forensics” forum will feature nationally-recognized speakers Stephen Howard and William Folson from TechPort Solutions.
Apr 10, 2013
- Global Higher Education Innovator Selected to Give Harrisburg University's 2013 Commencement Address
David Figuli, Managing Director of University Ventures, will address Harrisburg University’s Class of 2013 on Thursday, May 9, during Commencement ceremonies scheduled for 6:30 p.m. in the Forum Auditorium at 500 Walnut Street in Harrisburg.
Apr 8, 2013
- Want to Know What Types of Students Are at HU? Read Profiles of HU Students
Nothing makes us prouder than the students who make up Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. Our students come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Some are fresh out of high school. Others have spent years in the work force or caring for families—and often doing both. Many come from the small towns while others come from our nation's biggest cities. They share a genuine desire to learn and to explore. Want to know what types of students are at HU?
Apr 5, 2013
- One-Day Course: Techniques for Successful Webinars and Virtual Classes
This one-day course, Techniques for Successful Webinars and Virtual Classes, will provide a solid foundation for producing synchronous online learning. Scheduled for 9 to 4 on May 23rd at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, the session will focus on planning, producing and facilitating webinars and virtual classes.
Apr 5, 2013
- Online Graduate Courses in Learning Technologies for Summer Session 2013
Earn graduate-level college credits online this summer from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. The private university is offering several classes online from its Learning Technologies Master of Science program. Students attend at the same day/time as classroom learners, but can participate from any location.
Apr 3, 2013