- HU Professor Presents Paper During International Conference
Dr. Amjad Umar of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology recently returned from presenting a paper during the IEEE International Technology Management Conference on June 26th in Dallas, TX.
Jun 26, 2012
- Game Academy Students to Present Projects, Community Invited
The community is invited to attend a demonstration of game ideas and prototypes developed by the students who attended the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Summer Game Academy.
The free event is set to occur 11 a.m., Saturday, June 30th at the University, which is located at 326 Market Street in Harrisburg. An RSVP is required at www.HarrisburgU.edu/RSVP
Jun 25, 2012
- Government Technology Institute Welcomes Computer Aid, Inc. as Founding Member
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology announced today that Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) has become a founding member of the Government Technology Institute (GTI) at the private university.
Jun 22, 2012
- Limited Seats Available for Summer Game Academy
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is accepting applications for the Summer Game Academy offered July 23rd through August 4th in the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies.
Jun 8, 2012
- NRG Energy Center & HU to Partner to Map Piping Infrastructure
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is pleased to announce a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) project with the NRG Energy Center in Harrisburg.
Jun 5, 2012
- 2012 Project Leadership Forum to Explore the Psychology of Project Management
Learn how to adapt to change and to enable continual improvement that can contribute greatly to an organization’s sustainability and success during the 2012 Project Leadership Forum at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Jun 4, 2012
- Stay CONNECTED with Educators' Technology Clinics at Harrisburg University
There’s still time to register for graduate courses from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology master of science degree in Learning Technologies offered in a special summer format, ideal for educators, who are interested in the enhancing their use of technology for learning. The clinics provide a focused and applied learning environment to explore best practices for effective teaching and learning as part of technology integration.
Jun 4, 2012
- Free Technology Forum to Focus on Mobility Solutions in Government
The benefits of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies within state government and strategies for dealing with the proliferation of wireless devices are among the topics for discussion at the free Community Technology Forum: “Mobility Solutions" which is scheduled for 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., June 21st at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Jun 1, 2012
- Register today for the "Technology Business Management-CIO Resource Planning" Focus of Forum
The public is invited to the Government Technology Institute's Community Technology Forum: "Technology Business Management—CIO Resource Planning" featuring Bob Mori and Jay Wanek of Apptio, Inc. Sponsored by CISCO, the free event is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., June 12 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 31, 2012
- PA Nanotechnology 2012: Nanotech's Role in Advancing PA's Economy Set for June 5th at Harrisburg University
Nanotech's role in advancing Pennsylvania’s economy is the focus of an upcoming one-day program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 30, 2012
- Senator John R. Gordner of Pennsylvania's 27th District to Give Remarks at PA Nanotech Conference
Senator John R. Gordner (PA 27th Senatorial District) will welcome attendees of PA Nanotechnology 2012 Conference which is set for June 5th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 29, 2012
- National Nanotech Leader to be Keynote Speaker at HU Hosted Conference
The keynote speaker for the June 5th PA Nanotechnology 2012 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be Dr. Sally Tinkle, Deputy Director of the National Nanotech Coordination Office (NNCO) of the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC).
May 29, 2012
- HU President Leaving, Dr. Eric Darr Appointed Interim President
After a decade at the helm of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Dr. Mel Schiavelli announced today that he is leaving the university he helped to establish to take on a new role at another higher education institution
May 24, 2012
- A Note of Thanks to the Community from Dr. Mel Schiavelli
Dr. Mel Schiavelli, who has served as president and CEO of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology since 2002, has accepted the position of executive vice president for academic and student services at Northern Virginia Community College effective July 1, 2012. Below is a note of thanks from Mel to the HU community:
May 24, 2012
- Video Available of Ron Huston's Community Technology Forum
video is available online of the Government Technology Institute's May 2012 Community Technology Forum: "Developing an Enterprise Portfolio Project Management Office with Clarity Technology" featuring Ron Huston President of ClearPoint.
May 17, 2012
- Congratulations to the Class of 2012
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology graduated its largest class in its brief history during the 2012 Commencement and Partners Day event on May 11, 2012 at the Whitaker Center Sunoco Theatre in Harrisburg.
May 11, 2012
- Community Technology Forum Focused on How to Develop an Enterprise Portfolio Project Management Office
The public is invited to the Government Technology Institute's May 2012 Community Technology Forum: “Developing an Enterprise Portfolio Project Management Office with Clarity Technology” featuring Ron Huston President of ClearPoint and Sponsored by CA Technologies. The event is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., May 17th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 8, 2012
- Three Students to be the First Undergraduate Alumni To Complete Second Degree at University
The 2012 Commencement and Partners Day at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, now more than a decade old, is another milestone for the first university to be founded in Pennsylvania in more than 100 years.
May 7, 2012
- HU Professor to Present at Micro Nano Technology Conference
Dr. Leena Pattarkine of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty has been invited to present at the Micro Nano Technology Conference on May 7-9th at Penn State.
May 6, 2012
- PA BioGENEius Challenge Winners
First place awards, and an all-expense paid trip to Boston for the U.S. Nationals, went to Gaurav Sirdeshpande and Kevin Zhang.
Apr 30, 2012