- DevLearn Conference and Expo to Feature HU Faculty Demonstrating Virtusphere
The Virtusphere at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be front-and-center on the Emerging Tech Stage during the upcoming DevLearn 2011 conference, which is set for November 2-4 in Las Vegas.
Oct 25, 2011
- LTMS Student Receives Teacher of the Year Honors
Harrisburg University is proud to recognize Andrea Holtry, a graduate student enrolled in the LTMS program. Andrea was recently named the Middletown Area School District's 2011-2012 teacher of the year.
Oct 21, 2011
- Harrisburg University Expands Graduate Specializations to Include Enterprise Architecture
Graduate program offerings at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology are expanding to include a specialization in Enterprise Architecture (EA.)
Oct 19, 2011
- Sign Up Today for the Free Lunch Bytes at HU
You can get more out of your lunch than just calories. Participate in the free ‘Lunch Bytes’ discussions at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. The University provides the topics, the snacks and drinks for these free sessions that are scheduled for noon until 1:00 pm, each Friday in October.
Oct 18, 2011
- NSF Grant Allows University to Motivate Next Generation of STEM Students
Congressman Tim Holden of Pennsylvania’s 17th Congressional District announced that The Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities (SENCER) project at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has received a $399,488 grant from the National Science Foundation.
Oct 17, 2011
- PMI Keystone Susquehanna Region Special Meeting
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will host the PMI Keystone Susquehanna Region special meeting , 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Tuesday November 8th. Carl Pritchard will present “The Four C’s of Communication.” Attendees will come away from the session with deeper insight to the project management profession, some practical application approaches that you can put to immediate use and a lot of laughs.
To register, please visit the Events page at www.PMI-Keystone.org
Oct 16, 2011
- HU Student to Present Poster Session During Undergraduate Research at the Capitol Event
Jennifer Minteer, an undergraduate student at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, will present a poster session at the State Capitol as part of Undergraduate Research at the Capitol-Pennsylvania (URC-PA).
Oct 15, 2011
- University Receives Grant for Energy-Saving Project
The Pennsylvania Energy Development Authority, or PEDA, announced today that Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will receive a $100,000 grant to install 14 energy-saving elevator vestibules in the parking garage, which is part of the Academic Center.
Oct 14, 2011
- Have an Idea for a Business? Attend the Pitch Bootcamp
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and The Founder Institute will partner to host a "Pitch Bootcamp" to help potential entrepreneurs articulate startup business ideas. The event is set for 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 19, 2011.
Oct 13, 2011
- HU Welcomes 25 Students into Certified Government Chief Information Officer Program
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology welcomed its first class of 25 students representing senior leadership positions in state, county and local government into its Certified Government Chief Information Officer (CGCIO™) program.
Oct 13, 2011
- Barbara Shelton and Charlie Gerhards to Co-Direct Government Technology Institute
Barbara L. Shelton and Charlie Gerhards will serve as co-director of the GTI, which addresses the unique challenges of public sector IT while building meaningful collaboration between government, business and higher education.
Oct 5, 2011
- Journal Accepts Manuscript Co-Authored by HU Faculty Member
The Journal of Biological Chemistry has accepted a manuscript co-authored by Dr. Carsten Sanders, a corporate faculty member at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Oct 4, 2011
- T-Shirts in Honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, members of the HU community can don eye-catching T-shirts as part of HU’s efforts to raise awareness of the disease. The shirts are $7 each. Proceeds from sales help support breast cancer research. The shirts are on sale in Room 1443 beginning at 1:30 p.m., September 29 through October 14. Cash or check only please.
For more information on the T-shirts, email CONNECT@HarrisburgU.edu or call 717.901.5146.
Sep 29, 2011
- Physicians and BioScience Community Invited to Free Biologics and Biosimilars Panel
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will host a panel “Biologics and Biosimilars” that will bring together key Pennsylvania-based stakeholders—patient groups, physicians, opinion leaders and the bioscience community—to facilitate a policy discussion on biosimilars. The speakers will discuss the development of biologics today and the importance of continued innovation, safety and access to new therapies in a changing biologics environment.
Sep 27, 2011
- Ghost Recon Creative Director to be Guest Speaker at Free Establishing a Career in Video Games Lecture
The University will welcome Jason VandenBerghe, Creative Director of Ubisoft , for the Establishing A Career in Video Games event. The discussion is scheduled for 10 a.m. – noon, Friday, Oct 28, in the 14th Floor Auditorium at the University, which is located at 326 Market Street in Harrisburg.
Sep 23, 2011
- Harrisburg University Helping Region to Become a Video Game Hub
Sara Bozich wrote an article for Keystone Edge examining how the region is attracting talented designers and programmers and the University’s role.
Sep 22, 2011
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology: Great Students, Great Place, Great Possibilities
At Harrisburg University, it’s all about the great students who come through our doors ready to learn and graduate ready to succeed.
Sep 21, 2011
- HU Blocks Social Media Access September 21 to September 28
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, beginning 8 a.m., Wednesday, September 21, will block access over its network to several popular social media sites including, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Sep 21, 2011
- Students and Faculty Invited to Record Video Diaries About the Social Media Exercise
HU Students and Faculty are invited to visit our End-of-Day Video Diary Booth located in 1354. Anthony Ortega will be on hand from 4-5pm September 21-23 and again September 262-28 to capture your reflections and insight into on how this exercise affects your daily activities
Sep 21, 2011
- Geospatial Technology Job Market Predicted to Grow by 35 Percent
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers the only four-year degree program in Geospatial Technology in the region
Sep 19, 2011