- Auction Benefits Student Scholarships
The 2012 Mark Brezler Memorial Auction is set for 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, August 2 at Molly Branningan’s, which is located at Second & Walnut Streets in Harrisburg.
Jul 16, 2012
- LTMS Student Designs Hybrid Chemistry Course for Lower Dauphin High School
Tom Hanninen is enrolled in the Learning Technologies Master of Science program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, and he is a chemistry teacher at Lower Dauphin High School. As part of his internship, he is designing, developing, and implementing a hybrid chemistry course that students can take to fulfill their honors chemistry requirement.
Jul 11, 2012
- HU's First Full-Time Student in the LTMS Program!
Justin Venters holds the distinction of being the first full-time student enrolled in the Learning Technologies Master of Science (LTMS) program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
Jul 10, 2012
- University Welcomes Experienced Leader & Educator to Develop Its Centers
Dale Hamby has joined the University, as the Associate Vice President for University Centers, to work with the center directors and faculty members leading center initiatives. He will provide project oversight for each center, as well as support business development, relationship development, and program development for each center as well as coordinate strategic efforts across all centers
Jul 3, 2012
- Harrisburg University Sees Partnerships as Vital
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s Interim President, Dr. Eric Darr, and Robert J. Dolan, Chair of the Board of Trustees, visited on July 2nd with the editorial board of the Pulitzer Prize-winning daily newspaper, The Patriot-News.
Jul 3, 2012
- HU Grad Student Participates in Langley Aerospace Research Summer Scholars Project
Terrell R. Darden of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is spending this summer in a paid internship at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA.
Jun 29, 2012
- Board of Trustees Announces Rooms to be Named in Honor of Dr. Schiavelli
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Board of Trustees today announced that it has named several learning spaces in the Academic Center in honor of outgoing founding president, Dr. Mel Schiavelli.
Jun 27, 2012
- HU Professor Presents Paper During International Conference
Dr. Amjad Umar of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology recently returned from presenting a paper during the IEEE International Technology Management Conference on June 26th in Dallas, TX.
Jun 26, 2012
- Game Academy Students to Present Projects, Community Invited
The community is invited to attend a demonstration of game ideas and prototypes developed by the students who attended the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Summer Game Academy.
The free event is set to occur 11 a.m., Saturday, June 30th at the University, which is located at 326 Market Street in Harrisburg. An RSVP is required at www.HarrisburgU.edu/RSVP
Jun 25, 2012
- Government Technology Institute Welcomes Computer Aid, Inc. as Founding Member
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology announced today that Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) has become a founding member of the Government Technology Institute (GTI) at the private university.
Jun 22, 2012
- Limited Seats Available for Summer Game Academy
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is accepting applications for the Summer Game Academy offered July 23rd through August 4th in the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies.
Jun 8, 2012
- NRG Energy Center & HU to Partner to Map Piping Infrastructure
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is pleased to announce a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) project with the NRG Energy Center in Harrisburg.
Jun 5, 2012
- 2012 Project Leadership Forum to Explore the Psychology of Project Management
Learn how to adapt to change and to enable continual improvement that can contribute greatly to an organization’s sustainability and success during the 2012 Project Leadership Forum at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Jun 4, 2012
- Stay CONNECTED with Educators' Technology Clinics at Harrisburg University
There’s still time to register for graduate courses from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology master of science degree in Learning Technologies offered in a special summer format, ideal for educators, who are interested in the enhancing their use of technology for learning. The clinics provide a focused and applied learning environment to explore best practices for effective teaching and learning as part of technology integration.
Jun 4, 2012
- Free Technology Forum to Focus on Mobility Solutions in Government
The benefits of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies within state government and strategies for dealing with the proliferation of wireless devices are among the topics for discussion at the free Community Technology Forum: “Mobility Solutions" which is scheduled for 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., June 21st at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Jun 1, 2012
- Register today for the "Technology Business Management-CIO Resource Planning" Focus of Forum
The public is invited to the Government Technology Institute's Community Technology Forum: "Technology Business Management—CIO Resource Planning" featuring Bob Mori and Jay Wanek of Apptio, Inc. Sponsored by CISCO, the free event is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., June 12 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 31, 2012
- PA Nanotechnology 2012: Nanotech's Role in Advancing PA's Economy Set for June 5th at Harrisburg University
Nanotech's role in advancing Pennsylvania’s economy is the focus of an upcoming one-day program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 30, 2012
- Senator John R. Gordner of Pennsylvania's 27th District to Give Remarks at PA Nanotech Conference
Senator John R. Gordner (PA 27th Senatorial District) will welcome attendees of PA Nanotechnology 2012 Conference which is set for June 5th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 29, 2012
- National Nanotech Leader to be Keynote Speaker at HU Hosted Conference
The keynote speaker for the June 5th PA Nanotechnology 2012 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be Dr. Sally Tinkle, Deputy Director of the National Nanotech Coordination Office (NNCO) of the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC).
May 29, 2012
- HU President Leaving, Dr. Eric Darr Appointed Interim President
After a decade at the helm of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Dr. Mel Schiavelli announced today that he is leaving the university he helped to establish to take on a new role at another higher education institution
May 24, 2012