- Making Biology Relevant to Undergraduates Article Profiles SENCER
The American Institute of Biological Sciences has profiled the Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities (SENCER) program within the National Center for Science and Civic Engagement (NCSCE) at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Apr 11, 2012
- HU Professor Invited to Speak to IEEE on Nanobiotechnology
The IEEE Susquehanna Section has invited Dr. Leena Pattarkine of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology to present on Nanotechnology during the organization’s April 10th meeting at Penn State Harrisburg.
Apr 10, 2012
- Register today for a 2012 Summer STEM Camp!
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s 2012 Summer STEM Camps are waiting for you! While camps vary in length, daily schedule, location, cost, and grade levels, they all have the same purpose--allow you to have fun and learn about fields that interest you. Plus some of the camps allow you to earn college credits. Apply now!
Apr 3, 2012
- Watch Video of the Oobleck Experiment
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology hosted the annual Capital Area Biotechnology Partnership's Biotechnology Showcase on Friday, March 23. The day-long science event featured hands-on experiments, workshops, panel discussions, guest speakers
Mar 30, 2012
- Geospatial Technology Students Conduct Balloon Mapping
It's not a bird, a plane or Superman. Rather a giant balloon. Faculty and students in Harrisburg University of Science and Technology's Geospatial Technology program are experimenting with Balloon Mapping.
Mar 28, 2012
- University to Host PA STEM Girls Academies
A group of sixth through tenth grade students will get intoduced to nanotechnology at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on Saturday, March 31. The University will host the 50 students from the Pennsylvania Department of Education PA STEM Girls Academies.
Mar 23, 2012
- Entrepreneur Podcast Network: The importance of entrepreneurism to the education at Harrisburg University
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Eric Darr discuss the following: http://epodcastnetwork.com/the-importantance-of-entrepreneurism-to-the-education-at-harrisburg-university/
Mar 19, 2012
- University Receives Keck Foundation Grant
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has received a $250,000 grant from the Keck Foundation.
Mar 15, 2012
- Kunkel Building to be New Student Housing
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has reached an agreement for a second student housing building downtown.
The housing will be at 301 Market St. is also known as the Kunkel Building. The University (prior to opening 2005) also had offices on the ninth floor of the building.
Mar 5, 2012
- Fusionized Technology to Sponsor BarCamp Harrisburg
Fusionized Technology has joined the list of sponsors for BarCamp Harrisburg, an ad-hoc ‘unconference’ focused on cyber security, coding, learning technologies, and mobile application development at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on March 31, 2012.
Mar 2, 2012
- Student Takes on Science of Beer Making
While many college students can joke about being beer experts, Adam Cole is going to college to study the science of making beer.
Feb 22, 2012
- Training Courses offered for Advanced HACCP, Internal Auditing and Allergen Awareness
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has announced that it has expanded its Food Safety and Quality Assurance Training Program to include training and certification for Advanced HACCP, Internal Auditing and Allergen Awareness.
Feb 20, 2012
- Food Science & Technology Center Welcomes New Director
Alan McConnell has joined Harrisburg University of Science and Technology as the new director of its Food Science & Technology Center (FS&TC).
Feb 17, 2012
- Harrisburg University offering Introduction to Enterprise Architecture Training in Maryland and Harrisburg
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is offering Introduction to Enterprise Architecture training sessions in two locations during March 2012.
Feb 17, 2012
- California-based Networking Provider Opens Office Adjacent to University
Vector Resources Inc., a Torrance, Calif.-based provider of computer networking services, has opened an office adjacent to Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Feb 16, 2012
- New Quality Assurance Training Sessions for Food Production Industry
The University will expand its offerings in Food Safety & Quality by adding Introductory and Advanced HACCP courses, Internal Auditing and Allergen Awareness trainings. Additionally, the University will make some courses available online using a ‘dual-delivery’ format so individuals can attend class in Harrisburg, or participate from anywhere there is an internet connection.
Feb 15, 2012
- CA Technologies Extends Relationship with Harrisburg University as Founding Member of Government Technology Institute
As a founding member of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s Innovation Center, CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced support of its newly launched Government Technology Institute (GTI) program
Feb 14, 2012
- HU Faculty Unveil Alternate Reality Game at Ed Tech Conference
Attendees of the 2012 Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (PETE&C) will have the opportunity to play “The Pocket Game,” an alternate reality game designed and managed by Harrisburg University of Science & Technology faculty.
Feb 13, 2012
- $1 Million Grant from Stabler Foundation to Fund Scholarships at Harrisburg University
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology today announced that it has created an endowment fund, thanks to a $1 million grant from The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation.
Feb 13, 2012
- HU Faculty & Staff to Present and Lead Emerging Technologies Discussions During Education Expo
Faculty and staff from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will play several important roles during the annual Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (PETE&C), set for February 12-15 in Hershey.
Feb 12, 2012