- Entrepreneur Podcast Network: The importance of entrepreneurism to the education at Harrisburg University
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Eric Darr discuss the following: http://epodcastnetwork.com/the-importantance-of-entrepreneurism-to-the-education-at-harrisburg-university/
Mar 19, 2012
- University Receives Keck Foundation Grant
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has received a $250,000 grant from the Keck Foundation.
Mar 15, 2012
- Kunkel Building to be New Student Housing
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has reached an agreement for a second student housing building downtown.
The housing will be at 301 Market St. is also known as the Kunkel Building. The University (prior to opening 2005) also had offices on the ninth floor of the building.
Mar 5, 2012
- Fusionized Technology to Sponsor BarCamp Harrisburg
Fusionized Technology has joined the list of sponsors for BarCamp Harrisburg, an ad-hoc ‘unconference’ focused on cyber security, coding, learning technologies, and mobile application development at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on March 31, 2012.
Mar 2, 2012
- Student Takes on Science of Beer Making
While many college students can joke about being beer experts, Adam Cole is going to college to study the science of making beer.
Feb 22, 2012
- Training Courses offered for Advanced HACCP, Internal Auditing and Allergen Awareness
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has announced that it has expanded its Food Safety and Quality Assurance Training Program to include training and certification for Advanced HACCP, Internal Auditing and Allergen Awareness.
Feb 20, 2012
- Food Science & Technology Center Welcomes New Director
Alan McConnell has joined Harrisburg University of Science and Technology as the new director of its Food Science & Technology Center (FS&TC).
Feb 17, 2012
- Harrisburg University offering Introduction to Enterprise Architecture Training in Maryland and Harrisburg
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is offering Introduction to Enterprise Architecture training sessions in two locations during March 2012.
Feb 17, 2012
- California-based Networking Provider Opens Office Adjacent to University
Vector Resources Inc., a Torrance, Calif.-based provider of computer networking services, has opened an office adjacent to Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Feb 16, 2012
- New Quality Assurance Training Sessions for Food Production Industry
The University will expand its offerings in Food Safety & Quality by adding Introductory and Advanced HACCP courses, Internal Auditing and Allergen Awareness trainings. Additionally, the University will make some courses available online using a ‘dual-delivery’ format so individuals can attend class in Harrisburg, or participate from anywhere there is an internet connection.
Feb 15, 2012
- CA Technologies Extends Relationship with Harrisburg University as Founding Member of Government Technology Institute
As a founding member of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s Innovation Center, CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced support of its newly launched Government Technology Institute (GTI) program
Feb 14, 2012
- HU Faculty Unveil Alternate Reality Game at Ed Tech Conference
Attendees of the 2012 Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (PETE&C) will have the opportunity to play “The Pocket Game,” an alternate reality game designed and managed by Harrisburg University of Science & Technology faculty.
Feb 13, 2012
- $1 Million Grant from Stabler Foundation to Fund Scholarships at Harrisburg University
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology today announced that it has created an endowment fund, thanks to a $1 million grant from The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation.
Feb 13, 2012
- HU Faculty & Staff to Present and Lead Emerging Technologies Discussions During Education Expo
Faculty and staff from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will play several important roles during the annual Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (PETE&C), set for February 12-15 in Hershey.
Feb 12, 2012
- University Recognized By White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
In its report, Engage To Excel: Producing One Million Additional College Graduates With Degrees In Science, Technology, Engineering, And Mathematics, issued February 7, 2012, the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) singled out the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology as one of seven postsecondary institutions in the nation with “Effective Programs to Improve STEM Education.”
Feb 8, 2012
- Free 2012 Social Media Summit to Feature 9 Panels, 4 Workshops
Set for May 23, the free day-long will consist of 9 panel discussions and 4 workshops featuring authors, academics and other leaders addressing various social media topics. Now in its third year, the Summit attracts several hundred attendees each year and is nationally unique. Attendees come from around the U.S. and several foreign countries and range in occupation from CEOs to students.
Feb 3, 2012
- Unisys Chief Architect to Present on Disruptive IT Trends at Free Community Forum
Dan Huberty, Chief Architect in North America of Unisys Corporation, will present on IT Disruptive Trends as part of a free community forum, scheduled to begin at 1 p.m., Thursday, February 16th at the University.
Feb 2, 2012
- Introduction to Program Management: Survey of Tools and Templates
Based on the PMI Standard for Program Management, this seminar is set for | 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, Tuesday February 28th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. It will provide a high level overview of Program Management’s tools, techniques and definitions, and the benefit to employing a program management approach in today’s business climate.
Jan 31, 2012
- 2012 Biotech Showcase Set for March 23
Planning is underway now for the 2012 Biotechnology Showcase, which is scheduled for Friday, March 23 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. If you wish to receive updates and other information on the 2012 Biotechnology Showcase Day or to join the CABP, email Dr. Leena Pattarkine, associate professor of biotechnology, Director CABP at Harrisburg University, at LPattarkine@HarrisburgU.edu
Jan 29, 2012
- HU President to Speak on How to Harness America Military STEM+M Talent
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s president, Dr. Mel Schiavelli, will be among the panelists at The Council of College and Military Educators (CCME) 2012 Symposium February 12-16 in Orlando, Florida.
Jan 27, 2012