- California-based Networking Provider Opens Office Adjacent to University
Vector Resources Inc., a Torrance, Calif.-based provider of computer networking services, has opened an office adjacent to Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Feb 16, 2012
- New Quality Assurance Training Sessions for Food Production Industry
The University will expand its offerings in Food Safety & Quality by adding Introductory and Advanced HACCP courses, Internal Auditing and Allergen Awareness trainings. Additionally, the University will make some courses available online using a ‘dual-delivery’ format so individuals can attend class in Harrisburg, or participate from anywhere there is an internet connection.
Feb 15, 2012
- CA Technologies Extends Relationship with Harrisburg University as Founding Member of Government Technology Institute
As a founding member of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s Innovation Center, CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced support of its newly launched Government Technology Institute (GTI) program
Feb 14, 2012
- HU Faculty Unveil Alternate Reality Game at Ed Tech Conference
Attendees of the 2012 Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (PETE&C) will have the opportunity to play “The Pocket Game,” an alternate reality game designed and managed by Harrisburg University of Science & Technology faculty.
Feb 13, 2012
- $1 Million Grant from Stabler Foundation to Fund Scholarships at Harrisburg University
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology today announced that it has created an endowment fund, thanks to a $1 million grant from The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation.
Feb 13, 2012
- HU Faculty & Staff to Present and Lead Emerging Technologies Discussions During Education Expo
Faculty and staff from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will play several important roles during the annual Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (PETE&C), set for February 12-15 in Hershey.
Feb 12, 2012
- University Recognized By White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
In its report, Engage To Excel: Producing One Million Additional College Graduates With Degrees In Science, Technology, Engineering, And Mathematics, issued February 7, 2012, the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) singled out the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology as one of seven postsecondary institutions in the nation with “Effective Programs to Improve STEM Education.”
Feb 8, 2012
- Free 2012 Social Media Summit to Feature 9 Panels, 4 Workshops
Set for May 23, the free day-long will consist of 9 panel discussions and 4 workshops featuring authors, academics and other leaders addressing various social media topics. Now in its third year, the Summit attracts several hundred attendees each year and is nationally unique. Attendees come from around the U.S. and several foreign countries and range in occupation from CEOs to students.
Feb 3, 2012
- Unisys Chief Architect to Present on Disruptive IT Trends at Free Community Forum
Dan Huberty, Chief Architect in North America of Unisys Corporation, will present on IT Disruptive Trends as part of a free community forum, scheduled to begin at 1 p.m., Thursday, February 16th at the University.
Feb 2, 2012
- Introduction to Program Management: Survey of Tools and Templates
Based on the PMI Standard for Program Management, this seminar is set for | 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, Tuesday February 28th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. It will provide a high level overview of Program Management’s tools, techniques and definitions, and the benefit to employing a program management approach in today’s business climate.
Jan 31, 2012
- 2012 Biotech Showcase Set for March 23
Planning is underway now for the 2012 Biotechnology Showcase, which is scheduled for Friday, March 23 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. If you wish to receive updates and other information on the 2012 Biotechnology Showcase Day or to join the CABP, email Dr. Leena Pattarkine, associate professor of biotechnology, Director CABP at Harrisburg University, at LPattarkine@HarrisburgU.edu
Jan 29, 2012
- HU President to Speak on How to Harness America Military STEM+M Talent
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s president, Dr. Mel Schiavelli, will be among the panelists at The Council of College and Military Educators (CCME) 2012 Symposium February 12-16 in Orlando, Florida.
Jan 27, 2012
- University Readies for IGDA 2012 Global Game Jam (GGJ)
Teams of game developers from across Pennsylvania will take part in the IGDA 2012 Global Game Jam (GGJ) at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, scheduled to occur January 27-29, 2012.
Jan 26, 2012
- Spotlight on Teaching and Learning on Technology at HU: Adobe Captivate Reference Tutorials
Dr. Leena Pattarkine worked with Justin Detig, Learning Technologies Production Coordinator, to create anarchived, updateable, electronic tutorial.
Jan 26, 2012
- Free Workshop: Protecting Your Children Online!
As part of the free 2012 Social Media Summit set for May 23rd, author and criminal investigator Danine Manette will offer a free workshop “Protecting Your Children Online,” which will present methods for tracking children’s online activities, deciphering their codes, monitoring them via parental blocks and spyware.
Jan 19, 2012
- Nexlearn and Harrisburg University Partner To Create Immersive Learning Simulation Design Certificate
The ILU is partnering with Harrisburg University of Science and Technology to offer a blended and comprehensive learning curriculum and the first-of-its-kind Immersive Learning Simulation Design Certificate (ILSD) program through the University’s Center for Advanced Entertainment & Learning Technologies (CAELT).
Jan 18, 2012
- Symposium Presentation to Focus on Novel Nanotechnology Applications for Agriculture
The Pennsylvania Association of Career and Technical Administrators invited Dr. Leena Pattarkine of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty to present at the organization’s upcoming workforce development symposium.
Jan 17, 2012
- New Report Predicts Global GIS Market to Reach $10.6B by 2015
The global GIS market is expected to reach $10.6B by 2015, according to a new report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc., a leading publisher of off-the-shelf market research.
Jan 17, 2012
- Last Chance to Register for the Free 2012 Global Game Jam at HU
The University is the Pennsylvania site for the free worldwide ‘game jam’ event. During the 48-hour free game jam artists, audio engineers, designers, writers, producers, and programmers work together in small teams to make videogames and compete for prizes. The GGJ is the world's largest game jam event and brings together thousands of game enthusiasts participating through many local jams around the world. GGJ is a project of the International Game Developers Association.
Jan 16, 2012
- STEM Grads from Class of 2011 Close Year With Higher Starting Salary
The Salary Survey for 2012 shows the reported overall average starting salary for Class of 2011 is up 2.3 percent from 2010, with graduates in the computer sciences disciplines now averaging $60,594. Chemical engineering graduates average salary now stands at $63,900 and computer engineering majors saw the biggest increase: Their average salary is up 2.5 percent from $68,700 to $70,400.
Jan 16, 2012