- Registration Opens for Principles of Internal Auditing Food Certification Training Course
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will offer Principles of Internal Auditing—a one-day food certification training course—in partnership with NSF International on Friday, October 28, 2011 at its 326 Market Street location.
Sep 9, 2011
- The Muslim Perspective Panel to Feature HU Professor
Dr. Mehdi Noorbaksh, associate professor of international affairs and coordinator of general education at Harrisburg Universityof Science and Technology, will participate in a panel discussion, “The Muslim Perspective on Sept. 11."
Aug 31, 2011
- Community Invited to Free Lecture Hosted by Biotechnology Faculty
Members of the community with an interest in biology and biotechnology are invited to a free lecture hosted by Dr. Peter Meek of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Aug 30, 2011
- University Signs Articulation Agreement with Community College of Baltimore County
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Pennsylvania has signed an articulation agreement with The Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC).
Aug 24, 2011
- Seminars on Linking Nanotechnology to Future Employment to Feature HU Professor
A member of the biotechnology faculty at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has been invited to present four workshops on the importance of linking nanotechnology to education and future employment.
Aug 24, 2011
- Intellectual Property Issues Panel Added to the 2011 Social Media Summit
Erik Pelton, founder of Erik M. Pelton & Associates, PLLC®, a boutique trademark law firm in Falls Church, Virginia, will lead the panel, Social Media and Intellectual Property Issues.
Aug 24, 2011
- HU to be Featured on Panel Examining Differentiation in Higher Education
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology's distinctive model will be among the topics discussed at the upcoming "Stepford Universities: Differentiation in Higher Education" in Toronto.
Aug 23, 2011
- Enroll in Designing Games & Simulations and Attend Class from Anywhere!
Looking for additional educational opportunities in serious gaming? Enroll in Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s “Designing Games and Simulations” graduate course and attend from any location. Classes take place online through the Adobe Connect virtual classroom platform Wednesdays, 6 PM – 8:50 PM, August 31 – December 14, 2011
Aug 22, 2011
- CIU-20 Educators Enrolled in Game and Simulations Design and Development
Educators from CIU-20 have enrolled in the Technology for Learning (T4L): Game and Simulations Design and Development graduate-level series of courses led by Andy Petroski and Charles Palmer of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Aug 19, 2011
- 2011 Social Media Summit to Features Panelists From Around the Nation
Panels at the event: Using Social Networks for Training and Education; Social Networking and the Job Search; Social Media & Legal Issues for Employers; Parenting the Facebook Generation; Social Media and Political Change; Social Networks and the Military; Social Networks and the Life Sciences; Unplugged: Disconnecting from Social Media; and The Future of Social Networking: 140 Characters at a Time
Aug 16, 2011
- Real Forensic Science Explained with HU Faculty on WITF
On Tuesday's WITF Radio Smart Talk, show hosts discussed real forensic science and what a crime scene investigator does with Dauphin County Coroner and HU Corporate Faculty member Graham Hetrick and Dr. Robert Furey, professor of integrative sciences at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Aug 15, 2011
- Interested in Becoming a Science or Math Teacher? Sign Up for this Info Session
If you have earned an undergraduate degree and now have an interest in teaching science or math at the middle or high school levels then sign up to learn about the new teacher certification program during the Info Session scheduled for Tuesday, September 6, 4:30 to 6 p.m. in Room 1464 at Harrisburg University.
Jul 29, 2011
- HU Professors to be Keynotes at Air Force Global Learning Forum
Andy Petroski and Charles Palmer of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be among the keynote speakers at a U.S. Air Force Global Learning Forum (GLF) event scheduled to take place within the virtual world, SecondLife, on August 18, 2011
Jul 21, 2011
- CDW Government Report Reinforces Value of HU's Learning Technologies Program to Educators
The report reinforces the value of the Educators’ Technology Clinics and the Learning Technologies Master of Science program Harrisburg University offers, says Andy Petroski, director of Learning Technologies at the University.
Jul 19, 2011
- Sign up Today for 2011 Social Media Summit
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will host a series of panel discussions devoted to a variety of social networking topics during the free 2011 Social Media Summit, scheduled for September 14 at the University
Jul 11, 2011
- HU President Joins Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania 2011-2012 Board of Directors
The non-profit Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania which operates TechQuest Pennsylvania and many programs advancing the technology industry in Pennsylvania is pleased to announce that Dr. Mel Schiavelli, president of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, has been named to its Board of Directors for 2011
Jul 8, 2011
- HU Announces Residences on Market Housing for Students
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology (“HU”) is pleased to announce that it has established a student housing program beginning with the 2011-2012 academic year. The University anticipates that approximately one hundred (100) of its enrolled students will reside across the street from the University’s Academic Center at the newly-renovated Residences on Market building located at 335 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA.
Jun 30, 2011
- HU's Academic Programs Prepare Students for Careers in Computing Fields
Across all fields of science, engineering, and the social sciences, more than 60 percent of all newly-created jobs between now and 2018, and more than 50 percent of all available jobs (both newly-created and vacancies), are in computing! That's according to a recent report by The President's Council of Advisors on Science & Technology (PCAST).
Jun 30, 2011
- Saint Francis University Partnering With Harrisburg University For Gaming/ New Media Design And Production Degree
The Saint Francis University’s Computer Science Department is partnering with Harrisburg University of Science and Technology to roll-out a new bachelor’s degree in computer science with a concentration in gaming/new media design and production.
Jun 30, 2011
- HU President Among Participants of Disruptive Innovation in Postsecondary Education Event
The president of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be among the participants of an invitation-only discussion on Disruptive Innovation in Postsecondary Education in Washington D.C.
Jun 23, 2011