- University Faculty Member Among Panelists Discussing U.S.-Iran Relations
Dr. Mehdi Noorbaksh of the University is participating in the Muslim Public Affairs Council Policy Forum Series. The event is scheduled for noon to 1:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 23, 2010 in Room 2203 of the Rayburn Building in Washington, D.C.
Mar 21, 2010
- Student to Present During Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol
A Harrisburg University of Science and Technology student will participate in Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol on March 23, 2010.
Mar 21, 2010
- University Faculty Serve as Judges in North Museum Science and Engineering Fair
Two faculty members of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will serve as judges during the 57th North Museum Science & Engineering Fair scheduled for March 23-25, in Lancaster.
Mar 20, 2010
- Keynote Speakers Announced for Project Leadership Forum
Two internationally-recognized bestselling authors and experts on leadership will be the keynote speakers at the Project Leadership Forum, set for May 13-14 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in PA.
Mar 17, 2010
- In Service: Pittsburgh to Iraq Next in New Media Film Series at University
The new documentary In Service: Pittsburgh to Iraq will be the next presentation in the New Media Film Series at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Mar 11, 2010
- Read an eBook Week As I See It Column
March 7th to March 13th has been dubbed “Read an e-book week.” The Kindle, Amazon.com’s proprietary e-book device, has been a hot seller. In the world of higher education, many colleges and universities are experimenting with e-textbooks, which hold promise as learning tools because they can include components such as interactive quizzes, video and audio. University Librarian Nancy Adams addresses eBooks in a column for the Patriot-News.
Mar 10, 2010
- Harrisburg University Associate Provost named to National Board of UCEA
The University Continuing Education Association (UCEA) has named Dr. Bilita Mattes, Associate Provost for Strategic Markets at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, to its National Board and Regional Cabinet as the Mid-Atlantic Regional Board Representative.
Mar 10, 2010
- Area High School Students Earn HU Scholar Awards for Science Exhibits
Two area high school students each received one-year full-tuition awards to Harrisburg University of Science and Technology for their exhibits during the 53rd annual Capital Area Science and Engineering Fair (CASEF).
Mar 9, 2010
- STEM Fields Among Highest Paying Starting Salaries for 2010 Grads
The undergraduate academic program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology are pathways to some of the top 10 highest starting salaries for new college graduates, according to a recent survey from the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Mar 4, 2010
- Keynote Speakers Announced for LEEF 2010
Two leaders at adopting games, simulations and virtual worlds for learning will be among the keynote speakers at the Learning and Entertainment Evolution Forum 2010 (LEEF 2010), set for June 17-18 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in PA.
Mar 2, 2010
- Understanding the World Presentations Available Online
If you miss a session in the Understanding the World series hosted by Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, you can now watch the panel discussions online the next day.
Feb 26, 2010
- Focus on the Workforce: Good Careers Need STEM
The February 10th issue of Manufacturing Engineering magazine contains an article on the importance of a STEM-focused education to careers written by Dr. Mel Schiavelli, president of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Feb 24, 2010
- March Science and Technology Milestones & Anniversaries
March science and technology-related milestones and anniversaries include: Expanding Girls' Horizons in Science and Engineering Month; Mr. Wizard TV Premiere; Teen Tech Week; Read an e-Book; and Birth Anniversary of Albert Einstein.
Feb 23, 2010
- 2010 Mark Brezler Memorial Golf Classic Benefits Student Scholarships
The 11th Annual Mark Brezler Memorial Golf Classic will be held on Friday, July 30, 2010 at the Sportsman’s Golf Course in Harrisburg. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Mark Brezler Scholarship Fund at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Feb 19, 2010
- Manager of Experiential Programs to Join Harrisburg University
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology announced that Sara Kehler will join as its new Manager of Experiential Programs effective February 22, 2010.
Feb 18, 2010
- Future of Adult Learning Panel to Feature University's Associate Provost
Dr. Bilita Mattes, associate provost for strategic markets at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, will be a panelist in the upcoming Thomas Edison State College’s National Institute on the Assessment of Adult Learning 2010: Future Visions, on Wednesday, June 9 - Friday, June 11 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Feb 17, 2010
- University Announces Graduate-Level Specializations
Responding to demand in the region for more graduate-level learning options, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has announced that it will offer more than 30 options of graduate specializations.
Feb 17, 2010
- Microsoft BizSpark, ISSA-PA and Scum'd Among Sponsors of BarCamp Harrisburg
Microsoft BizSpark ®, the Central Pennsylvania Chapter of the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)®, and Scrum’d are among the sponsors of the upcoming free "ad-hoc conference" BarCamp Harrisburg, which is focused on web development and education. Other BarCamp Harrisburg sponsors include Nuts About Granola, Mudbrick Creative, and Hauck Interactive.
Feb 16, 2010
- Workforce Development Symposium Seminar Highlights Success of Biotech Partnership
Dr. Leena Pattarkine of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will lead a seminar during the 20th Annual Pennsylvania Association of Career and Technical Administrators Symposium 2010, which is set for February 16-17 at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center.
Feb 15, 2010
- HU Faculty Member Receives Technology Educator of the Year Honors
A Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty member received "Technology Educator of the Year" honors during the TECHQuest PA 2010 Technology Awards Gala.
Feb 12, 2010