- Employers & Educators Must Collaborate
Projections about careers of the future have broadened and changed the conversation about what work force development means -- or should mean -- in significant ways. That’s the topic of an essay piece, Employers, Educators Must Collaborate, appearing in the Central Penn Business Journal by Bilita Mattes, D.Ed. of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Dec 18, 2009
- National Survey Ranks IT Project Management in Top 5 Best Jobs in America
Good news for students looking at obtaining a master of science degree or bachelor degree in information technology project management. A recent survey by PayScale.com ranks IT Project Management fifth in the Top 50 “best jobs in America.”
Dec 17, 2009
- A New Year's Resolution You Can Keep: Integrate Technology into Learning
Fifteen years ago PowerPoint and a projector were the extent of learning technologies available to everyone. Even a decade ago only PowerPoint a projector and the static web were available and accessible to everyone. Now the options are almost limitless as learning technologies continue to evolve and new tools, techniques and strategies are poised to have impact in the next decade.
Dec 16, 2009
- HU Programs are Pathways to Top 50 "Best Jobs in America"
Money and PayScale.com recently rated the top 50 careers with great pay and growth prospects. It is no surprise that Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s programs of study prepare graduates for many of these careers listed in the 2009 survey results.
Dec 16, 2009
- Copyright Guidelines for Digital Media
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s University Librarian Nancy Adams recently led a discussion on copyright basics, fair use guidelines, claiming copyright for work and use of royalty free images sites such as, Creative Commons. The presentation "Copyright Guidelines in Digital Media" is publicly available.
Dec 15, 2009
- Student Designed Website is a Finalist in Upcoming NonProfit Innovation Awards Competition
A website redesigned by a Harrisburg University of Science and Technology student is a finalist in an upcoming awards competition.
Dec 14, 2009
- HU Announces Spring Dual Enrollment Courses
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers high school students a chance to earn college credits by enrolling in the University’s College in High School--Dual Enrollment program. By participating in the Dual Enrollment program, students may earn high school and college credit simultaneously. Dual enrollment courses offered in the Spring 2010 semester include:
Dec 11, 2009
- HU Faculty Member to Guide Charter School Students on Discovery of Oxygen
All you need is the air that you breathe. And a Harrisburg University of Science and Technology professor to explain oxygen to you!
Dec 10, 2009
- Local School Students Learn About Community from an HU Leader
Academically gifted first and second grade students at Infinity Charter School will learn about the importance of community leadership from Dr. Eric Darr, Executive Vice President and Provost at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Dec 8, 2009
- Free Professional Development Sessions as Part of Employee Learning Week
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will offer free professional development sessions on Thursday, December 10, 2010 in support of Employee Learning Week.
Dec 4, 2009
- Five Ways Organizations Can Maximize Employee Learning Week
Employee Learning Week (Dec. 7-11) recognizes the value of learning and the important link between a knowledgeable, highly skilled workforce and organizational success. Andy Petroski, director of the LTMS program, offers five (easy) ways to improve organizational learning during Employee Learning Week:
Dec 3, 2009
- Showcase Students' Achievements During the 2010 NCSCE Washington Symposium and Capitol Hill Poster Session
Educators, students and administrators are invited to participate in the 2010 National Center for Science and Civic Engagement (NCSCE) Washington Symposium and Capitol Hill Poster Session, April 19-21.
Dec 1, 2009
- Two Harrisburg University Master of Science Programs Coming to Southern Maryland
The Southern Maryland Higher Education Center (SMHEC) has announced plans to offer two of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology's master of science degree programs beginning in summer 2010.
Nov 30, 2009
- White House Announcement is Further Proof of University's Importance in Shaping Science Education
The Obama Administration announcement is further evidence on the relevancy of the programs at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Nov 24, 2009
- Case Studies Sought for LEEF 2010
Involved in a successful learning initiative that integrates games, simulations or a virtual world? Consider presenting a case study session highlighting your project’s success during the Learning and Entertainment Evolution Forum 2010 (LEEF 2010) at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Nov 20, 2009
- University Sponsorship of Capital Area Science & Engineering Fair Encourages Hands-on Research
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is pleased to be a sponsor of the 53rd annual Capital Area Science and Engineering Fair (CASEF), set for March 3-6, 2010 at the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts
Nov 19, 2009
- Employee Learning Week Opportunity to Evaluate Technologies and the Learning Experience
Sponsored by The American Society for Training & Development (ASTD), Employee Learning Week (Dec. 7-11) recognizes the value of learning and the important link between a knowledgeable, highly skilled workforce and organizational success.
Nov 17, 2009
- Midstate Needs To Get Smart With Info Technology
Pennsylvania’s businesses can learn a lot about how to use information technology strategically by watching the rapid growth of IT industries in developing countries. So writes Dr. Amjad Umar in an opinion essay, Midstate Needs to Get Smart with Info Technology. Dr. Umar’s piece appears in the Nov. 15 issue of the Patriot-News.
Nov 16, 2009
- Save the Date for LEEF 2010
Save the Date for Harrisburg University of Science and Technology's Learning and Entertainment Evolution Forum 2010 (LEEF 2010). The interactive professional development event is set for June 17-18, 2010.
Nov 13, 2009
- USAirways Magazine Features University
The November issue of USAirways Magazine includes Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. The University is part of a nine-page business outlook on the City of Harrisburg as part of the magazine’s ongoing promotional business series.
Nov 12, 2009