- Self-University Week an Ideal Time for Adults to Pursue Education
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers numerous professional development courses, free events and undergraduate and graduate degree programs for adult learners.
Aug 31, 2011
- Interested in Becoming A Science or Math Teacher? Sign Up for Webinars to Learn About New Program at HU
A new teacher certification program offers an opportunity for those with an undergraduate degree to switch career paths to become a science or math teacher in middle or high school.
Aug 9, 2011
- 15th Annual Intergovernmental Technology Conference to Feature HU Professors and Graduate Student
Three members of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty and a graduate student will be among the presenters at the 15th Annual Intergovernmental Technology Conference set for August 8 and 9, 2011 in Camp Hill, PA.
Aug 5, 2011
- Event Offers Community Opportunity to Play New Games Developed by High School Students During Summer Gaming Academy
The community is invited to attend a demonstration of game ideas and prototypes developed by high school students during the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Summer Gaming Academy.
The event is set to occur 11 a.m. to 1p.m., Thursday, July 28, 2011 at the University, which is located at 326 Market Street in Harrisburg.
Jul 25, 2011
- Sign Up Today for PM Partners' Event
Project managers from across the Commonwealth will gather to learn five conversations leaders should have that will impact an organization’s ability to execute on high-stake projects and initiatives during PM Partners’, a free semi-structured professional development program that leverages the knowledge and experience of colleagues in project management through peer-to-peer learning.
Jun 17, 2011
- Register for the Mark Brezler Memorial Golf Classic
The 2011 Mark Brezler Memorial Golf Classic will take place on Friday, June 17 at the Mayapple Golf Course in Carlise, PA. All proceeds from the annual event will benefit the Mark Brezler Scholarship Fund at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. The event has raised nearly $50,000 over the past 11 years.
Jun 10, 2011
- Special Friday Afternoon Registration Available for LEEF
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is extending a special promotion to the local business community and prospective graduate students, to attend LEEF - the serious games forum - at Harrisburg University, June 16 - 17.
Jun 9, 2011
- Consumer Insights Research Laboratory Seeks Participants for Studies
Do you enjoy food, taste testing, and sharing your opinions about new products? Then contact the Consumer Insights Research Laboratory at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology today to become a study participant!
Apr 12, 2011
- Representative Conklin Joins List of Speakers at BioEnergy Summit
Rep. H. Scott Conklin (77th Legislative District-Centre County) will deliver the opening remarks at the BioEnergy Summit set for March 15, 2011 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in PA.
Feb 7, 2011
- Save the Date for the HU BioEnergy Summit: Innovative Technologies for an Energized Future!
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will host the BioEnergy Summit on March 15, 2011.
The theme for the event is Innovative Technologies for an Energized Future! The commercialization of technologies and processes used to produce bioenergy from a variety of biomass resources highlights this half-day program. The BioEnergy Summit will also explore innovative nanotechnologies
Jan 17, 2011
- Check out the HU Exhibit at the 2011 PA Farm Show
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be among the exhibitors at the 2011 Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg, PA.
Jan 8, 2011
- Advising and Preregistration Period - Monday, November 8th through Friday, November 23rd
It is time to select your courses for the upcoming semesters: Semester II (Spring), 2010-2011. All of the University’s currently enrolled students will be using our web interface to preregister on-line from your laptops via MyHU (https://myhu.harrisburgu.edu.).
Nov 15, 2010
- Biotechnology Undergraduate to Present Research at Capitol
A Harrisburg University of Science and Technology undergraduate student-Pamela Ibric from Carlisle--will participate in Undergraduate Research at the Capitol, which is schedule for October 5, 2010.
Oct 4, 2010
- ISSA Baltimore IT Security Summit to Feature HU Faculty
A member of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty will be among the guest speakers at the ISSA-Baltimore Information Security Summit 2010.
Oct 4, 2010
- Have You Logged On? The Great Firewall of Harrisburg is Down
It ended at 2:22 p.m., Friday, September 17. ABC News, CNN and more than 1,000 media sites covered the University's week-long ban of social media on campus.
Sep 17, 2010
- HU & Social Media
Harrisburg University plans to examine its reliance on social media by taking a bold step. Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Pennsylvania will block IP addresses and shut down access to Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and IM.
Sep 9, 2010
- Smart Talk Radio Show Addresses Food Safety and Features HU Professor
WITF’s Smart Talk addressed food safety and quality assurance issues during its September 7 show and featured Dr. Rene Massengale of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Sep 5, 2010
- Web 2.0 Benefits and Obstacles Focus of Presentation
The benefits and obstacles of using Web 2.0 in the classroom will be the focus of a discussion during an upcoming session at The Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators (PAC-TE) led by Andy Petroski, Director of Learning Technologies and Associate Professor of Learning Technologies Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Oct 24, 2009
- University Welcomes Director of Learning Assessment
Dr. Jeffrey C. Cooper will join Harrisburg University of Science and Technology as Director of Learning Assessment. He will start in the position on October 21, 2009.
Oct 21, 2009
- HU Programs are Pathways to Tech Skills Most in Demand across the U.S.
Based on conversations with more than 9,000 hiring managers in more than 15 major metropolitan areas, Yoh has determined the skills most in demand across the U.S. Skills that appeared most frequently nationwide include:
Oct 7, 2009