- Harrisburg-based Web Hosting Company to Sponsor BarCamp Harrisburg
Fresh Roasted Hosting, a premium web hosting company headquartered in downtown Harrisburg, is sponsoring BarCamp Harrisburg, an ad-hoc ‘unconference’ focused on cyber security, coding, learning technologies, and mobile application development at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on March 31, 2012.
Jan 16, 2012
- Upcoming Forums in the World Affairs Council 2012 Executive Lecture Series
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is the site for several forums in The World Affairs Council of Harrisburg’s Executive Lecture Series.
Jan 14, 2012
- HU Team Creates High-Tech & Interactive Displays in Honor of Slain Civil Rights Leaders
The Moore Cultural Complex, which honors civil-rights leaders Harry T. and Harriette V. Moore who died of injuries from a 1951 bombing of their home, now has new high tech-kiosks and interactive displays created by a University team
Jan 13, 2012
- HU Community Has Free Access to Vast Library of Online Training Materials
Thanks to a licensing agreement with the online training provider, members of the University community can take tutorials to help with coursework, learn techniques for projects or build tech skills to boost careers through Lynda.com, a great online resource with hundreds of hours of application tutorials
Jan 12, 2012
- Information Technology and Biotech are Hot Careers for 2012 - and Beyond
Anne Fisher writing for Fortune Magazine reports that despite the fact that unemployment is stuck at around 9%, which translates to about 15 million Americans out of work, nearly 3 million job openings in the U.S. are going unfilled, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Jan 6, 2012
- Free Panel Discussion: Social Media and Training & Education
The free 2012 Social Media Summit on May 23rd at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will include a panel of experts who are passionate about using social networking tools so attendees can learn how to use these platforms to engage and educate students in K-12 and college classrooms and workforces
Jan 5, 2012
- Free Entrepreneur Pitch Camp as Part of 2012 Social Media Summit
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and the Founder Institute are partnering to offer a “Pitch Camp" on May 23, 2012
Jan 3, 2012
- Free Workshop on Using Social Media For Research
As part of the free 2012 Social Media Summit set for May 23 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Amy Marshall, Partner and Chief Operating Officer of Webbed Marketing, will lead a workshop “Using Social Media for Research” to help attendees understand how to harness the massive amounts of real-time data are available via social media.
Jan 3, 2012