- Harrisburg U Students to Map Thousands of PA Mines
This fall, students in HU’s undergraduate geospatial technology program will partner with peers in the school’s graduate-level project management program to commence work on a three-year initiative to scan, validate, and electronically archive maps of both active and abandoned Pennsylvania coal mines.
Oct 15, 2013
- Economist Edgar Harrell Named Chair of University of Baltimore's Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Board
Edgar C. Harrell, an economist and business leader with more than 30 years of experience in managing public and private programs in entrepreneurial training, technology commercialization, investment and capital market development, has been named chair of the advisory board for the University of Baltimore's Center of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Oct 14, 2013
- PM Partners Event to Focus on Agile Methodologies
Project managers from across the Commonwealth will gather to learn how to integrate Agile methodologies in a Waterfall methodology world during PM Partners, a semi-structured professional development program that leverages the knowledge and experience of colleagues in project management through peer-to-peer learning.
Oct 11, 2013
- HU Professor Joins Harrisburg Academy’s 2013-14 Community Advisory Board
Harrisburg Academy has added Andy Petroski of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty to its 2013-14 Community Advisory Board (CAB), a group of local leaders representing a wide variety of industries.
Oct 11, 2013
- Guidance Counselors Recommend HU in U.S. News & World Report Rankings
The recent annual college rankings by U.S. News & World Report included good news for Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Sep 25, 2013
- Washington Monthly Ranks HU for Recruiting and Graduating Low Income Students
Washington Monthly magazine ranks Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in its listing of the nation’s liberal arts colleges for 2013 and at #111 for recruiting and graduating low income students.
Sep 25, 2013
- Resident Assistant Recognized for Academic Achievement
Nicole Borrell, a resident assistant at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Pennsylvania, has been recognized for her academic achievements by the Mid-Atlantic Association of College and University Housing Officers (MACUHO).
Sep 20, 2013
- Public Sector IT Executives Receive "Certified Government Chief Information Officer Credential"
Twenty-three (23) public sector IT executives who completed a 10-month leadership development program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology aimed at enhancing the overall effectiveness of technology operations in the Commonwealth were recognized during a special ceremony at the University on September 17th.
Sep 14, 2013
- Organizers Soliciting Proposals for THATCamp Harrisburg at HU
University of Science and Technology on October 25th and 26th.
THATCamp stands for The Humanities And Technology Camp. THATCamp Harrisburg is a professional development opportunity for humanities professionals in both academic and non-academic settings.
Sep 11, 2013
- HU's Graduate Programs Open House is Free. But Missing It Could Cost You
People with a master’s degree earn about $10,000 more per year that those holding a bachelor’s degree, and those with master's degrees can expect to earn $2.8 million over their career. When it comes to employment, an applicant with a master’s degree on their resume has an automatic step up in the job market because it lets employers know that you have specialized knowledge in the field.
Sep 9, 2013
- Sign Up for the Indie Speed Run Game Jam at Harrisburg University
Interested in making video games? How about winning $2,500 for a killer video game? You’ll have your chance at this year’s Indie Speed Run (www.indiespeedrun.com).
Sep 5, 2013
- Prize Packages for Startup Weekend Harrisburg
Organizers have assembled an amazing prize package for Startup Weekend Harrisburg, an event where participants build a company in a weekend. The event will be held at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on September 13-15, 2013.
Sep 4, 2013
- New Mapping Lab Allows Students to Feed State Database on Abandoned Mines
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology received a $300,000 grant award from the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to digitize some 4,000 state mining maps from the Department of Environmental Protection over the next three years, and provide the cornerstone for the state's only four-year degree program in Geospatial Technology.
Jul 30, 2013
- Harrisburg University Partners with Altius Education to Offer Two Big Data Master of Science Programs, Entirely Online
Starting this summer, the career-focused science and technology university will launch two new Master of Science (M.S.) programs in the field of big data that include the use of real data sets, opportunities to work on industry-provided projects, and authentic assessments based on real corporate situations.
Jul 30, 2013
- Sign up for Startup Weekend Harrisburg to Create Your Own Company
The concept is simple: You arrive at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on Friday night and you leave with a business on Sunday evening.
Jul 25, 2013
- Comcast Business to Sponsor Government Technology Institute
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology announced today that Comcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider, would become a platinum sponsor of the Government Technology Institute hosted at the University.
Jul 24, 2013
- SENCER Summer Institute to Welcome More than 200 Educators
The SENCER Summer Institute (SSI) is an annual, intensive, residential, team-based learning opportunity for educators, academic leaders, and students.
Jul 17, 2013
- Limited Seats Available for HU's 2013 Nanobiotechnology Explorations Camp at North Museum Lancaster Location!
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will hold a STEM-based Nanobiotechnology Explorations Summer Camp from 9 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., Monday-Friday, July 29 to August 2nd, 2013. The cost for this 2 college credit course is $841/- that includes lunch for all days The camp is at the North Museum of Natural History & Science, 400 College Avenue in Lancaster.
Jul 9, 2013
- Leading Edge Educators Join On-Line Course To Enhance Learning
Three nationally-recognized educators whose careers have placed them in the forefront of incorporating physical activity in the learning process will participate in a new, interactive, on-line graduate level course developed by Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and Fizika Group LLC, a Lancaster-based firm.
Jul 9, 2013
- Integrating Physical Activity And Learning Is Focus Of New Certificate For Active Learning Specialists
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and Fizika Group, LLC, have launched a new educational program aimed at enabling educators and administrators to become certified Active Learning Specialists.
Jul 8, 2013