- New Project Supported by the National Science Foundation Focuses on the Mathematics of Real-world Problems
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded the National Center for Science and Civic Engagement (NCSCE) of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology a three-year $550,000 grant for Engaging Mathematics: Building a National Community of Practice, a faculty development and dissemination initiative.
Dec 11, 2013
- HU Launches Online M.S. in Information Systems Engineering and Management Degree Program
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Pennsylvania now offers an entirely online Master of Science degree in Information Systems Engineering and Management (ISEM).
Dec 10, 2013
- Harrisburg High Students To Attend Harrisburg University Through Funding From Harrisburg Public Schools Foundation
Students from Harrisburg High School’s Sci-Tech High can attend Harrisburg University of Science and Technology while they are in high school to earn college credit. The program is being funded through a $333,000 donation from Penn National Insurance.
Dec 4, 2013
- HU's Scholarships Reward Good Grades in High School: A 3.8 GPA Qualifies for $20,000 Scholarship
While other universities require students to jump through hoops for scholarships, Harrisburg University is awarding scholarship money to incoming students for Fall 2014 who earned good grades in high school.
Dec 3, 2013
- What's the Definition of Success? Derek Ivey Will Google It For You!
You would have to search far and wide to find someone who doesn't use the word "Google" daily without a second, third or fourth thought. It’s a noun. It's a verb. For Derek Ivey, it's a lifestyle and his professional home. Everyone knows that education is important, but for this recent Harrisburg University graduate, the real-world experiences he received at HU have led him to San Jose, Ca. where is he now a Corporate Operations Engineer for none other than the search engine giant itself!
Dec 1, 2013
- Nathaniel Clarke Well on His Way to a Career in Computer Security
Nathaniel Clarke is already making an impact on his future career and believes that his experiences from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, as well as his internship, have prepared him for his future career ahead.
Nov 25, 2013
- Terrell Dardens 'Diverse, Close-Knit' HU Experience Puts Him on a Path to Reaching His Professional Goals
Terrell Darden is well on his way to reaching his lofty career aspiration; he wants to take over the technology helm of a Fortune 500 company as its chief information officer. If it's true that every journey starts with a first step, Darden will tell you that the direction he received from Harrisburg University has set him on the path to success.
Nov 25, 2013
- Attacking to Protect! Josh Smith, Cyber Security Major from Mechanicsburg
In the field of cyber security, Josh Smith likes the part about “attacking to protect.”
“One of the ways you can protect a system is through penetration testing,” he says. “Attack as if you were a hacker. Tell them where there are vulnerabilities.”
Smith is a senior majoring in computer and information sciences, with a focus on security. He’s set to graduate in spring 2014, with a dream job all sewn up.
Nov 22, 2013
- AffordableCollegesOnline Names Harrisburg University Online LTMS Among PA's Most Affordable Online Degree Programs
AffordableCollegesOnline.org (AC Online) recently identified Harrisburg University of Science and Technology among the colleges and universities in Pennsylvania with the most affordable online degree programs
Nov 18, 2013
- Student Profile: Katie Piatt, Geospatial Technology Major
Katie Piatt's high school environmental science teacher assigned a paper on an environmental topic, "and it could not be on pollution or Love Canal," she recalls.
"I started looking around and found something on emergency environmental response in GIS," she says. "As I was doing this paper, I got really interested in it. One thing led to another, and lo and behold, I'm here at HU."
Nov 13, 2013
- HU Among America's Smartest Colleges
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology recently appeared in a ranking of America's 501 Smartest Colleges published by Business Insider.
Oct 21, 2013
- HU Steps up Professional Development Offerings
With 56 courses scheduled over the coming year, there’s bound to be the right option for your company! Now is the time to invest in professional development for you and your team.
Oct 16, 2013
- Economist Edgar Harrell Named Chair of University of Baltimore's Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Board
Edgar C. Harrell, an economist and business leader with more than 30 years of experience in managing public and private programs in entrepreneurial training, technology commercialization, investment and capital market development, has been named chair of the advisory board for the University of Baltimore's Center of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Oct 14, 2013
- PM Partners Event to Focus on Agile Methodologies
Project managers from across the Commonwealth will gather to learn how to integrate Agile methodologies in a Waterfall methodology world during PM Partners, a semi-structured professional development program that leverages the knowledge and experience of colleagues in project management through peer-to-peer learning.
Oct 11, 2013
- HU Professor Joins Harrisburg Academy’s 2013-14 Community Advisory Board
Harrisburg Academy has added Andy Petroski of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty to its 2013-14 Community Advisory Board (CAB), a group of local leaders representing a wide variety of industries.
Oct 11, 2013
- Guidance Counselors Recommend HU in U.S. News & World Report Rankings
The recent annual college rankings by U.S. News & World Report included good news for Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Sep 25, 2013
- Washington Monthly Ranks HU for Recruiting and Graduating Low Income Students
Washington Monthly magazine ranks Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in its listing of the nation’s liberal arts colleges for 2013 and at #111 for recruiting and graduating low income students.
Sep 25, 2013
- Resident Assistant Recognized for Academic Achievement
Nicole Borrell, a resident assistant at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Pennsylvania, has been recognized for her academic achievements by the Mid-Atlantic Association of College and University Housing Officers (MACUHO).
Sep 20, 2013
- Public Sector IT Executives Receive "Certified Government Chief Information Officer Credential"
Twenty-three (23) public sector IT executives who completed a 10-month leadership development program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology aimed at enhancing the overall effectiveness of technology operations in the Commonwealth were recognized during a special ceremony at the University on September 17th.
Sep 14, 2013
- Organizers Soliciting Proposals for THATCamp Harrisburg at HU
University of Science and Technology on October 25th and 26th.
THATCamp stands for The Humanities And Technology Camp. THATCamp Harrisburg is a professional development opportunity for humanities professionals in both academic and non-academic settings.
Sep 11, 2013