- Prize Packages for Startup Weekend Harrisburg
Organizers have assembled an amazing prize package for Startup Weekend Harrisburg, an event where participants build a company in a weekend. The event will be held at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on September 13-15, 2013.
Sep 4, 2013
- Harrisburg University Partners with Altius Education to Offer Two Big Data Master of Science Programs, Entirely Online
Starting this summer, the career-focused science and technology university will launch two new Master of Science (M.S.) programs in the field of big data that include the use of real data sets, opportunities to work on industry-provided projects, and authentic assessments based on real corporate situations.
Jul 30, 2013
- Sign up for Startup Weekend Harrisburg to Create Your Own Company
The concept is simple: You arrive at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on Friday night and you leave with a business on Sunday evening.
Jul 25, 2013
- Comcast Business to Sponsor Government Technology Institute
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology announced today that Comcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider, would become a platinum sponsor of the Government Technology Institute hosted at the University.
Jul 24, 2013
- SENCER Summer Institute to Welcome More than 200 Educators
The SENCER Summer Institute (SSI) is an annual, intensive, residential, team-based learning opportunity for educators, academic leaders, and students.
Jul 17, 2013
- Limited Seats Available for HU's 2013 Nanobiotechnology Explorations Camp at North Museum Lancaster Location!
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will hold a STEM-based Nanobiotechnology Explorations Summer Camp from 9 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., Monday-Friday, July 29 to August 2nd, 2013. The cost for this 2 college credit course is $841/- that includes lunch for all days The camp is at the North Museum of Natural History & Science, 400 College Avenue in Lancaster.
Jul 9, 2013
- Leading Edge Educators Join On-Line Course To Enhance Learning
Three nationally-recognized educators whose careers have placed them in the forefront of incorporating physical activity in the learning process will participate in a new, interactive, on-line graduate level course developed by Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and Fizika Group LLC, a Lancaster-based firm.
Jul 9, 2013
- Integrating Physical Activity And Learning Is Focus Of New Certificate For Active Learning Specialists
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and Fizika Group, LLC, have launched a new educational program aimed at enabling educators and administrators to become certified Active Learning Specialists.
Jul 8, 2013
- 2013 Hacker Halted Conference to Feature HU Professor
Chuck Davis of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty will be among the presenters at the 2013 Hacker Halted Conference set for September 19-21st in Atlanta, GA.
Jul 8, 2013
- Leaders in Law, Entrepreneurship, Education, and Entertainment Join Harrisburg University's Board of Trustees
Five new members have joined the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Board of Trustees beginning July 1, 2013. At its June 13th meeting the board appointed Shawn Farr, David Figuli, Carmen Finestra, Thomas Paese, and Cynthia Traeger to serve four-year terms.
Jul 1, 2013
- NCSCE Announces Civic Engagement Partnership Support Awardees
The National Center for Science and Civic Engagement (NCSCE) of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is pleased to announce the six partnership awardees for its Civic Engagement Partnership Support Awards.
Jun 18, 2013
- HU Analytics Programs Can Lead to "The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century"
Looking for a career change or a college major that's all but guaranteed to result in a hefty salary with copious benefits? Big data may not seem the obvious choice, but it could be your best, according to a recent CNBC.com article by Chris Morris.
Jun 10, 2013
- HU to Host Special Screening Of Award Winning Documentary American Winter
CONTACT Helpline hold a one-time special screening of the award winning documentary AMERICAN WINTER at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 13th in the Auditorium at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Jun 4, 2013
- Free Presentation on Mobile Web Development at Grad Open House
Come learn about how the Pa Department of Conservation and Natural Resources developed its mobile website and see live demonstrations of its core functions during a free presentation at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 12th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 23, 2013
- University Unveils First Year in Philadelphia Program
Students accepted to Harrisburg University of Science & Technology may now begin their college education in Philadelphia. The University will be offering the entire first-year curriculum in Philadelphia at Independence Mall in the historic Bourse building, home to Hussian School of Art.
May 21, 2013
- HU to Freeze Tuition for 2013-2014
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology President Eric Darr announced a freeze of tuition for the 2013-14 school year, keeping the school's tuition nearly $6,000 below the average for private universities in Pennsylvania and more than $8,700 below the national average for private universities.
May 21, 2013
- World Famous Laughing at My Nightmare Blogger to Give Motivational Talk at HU
20-year-old, Bethlehem, PA native, Shane Burcaw, whose humorous blog about living with muscular dystrophy has gained over 350,000 followers, will be stopping to give a talk at Harrisburg University on Wednesday, May 29 at 6 PM. This talk is the final stop on Burcaw’s East Coast speaking tour, which will be taking him from Pennsylvania to Florida and back
May 17, 2013
- Professor to Conduct Workshop at National MicroNanoTechnology Conference
Dr. Leena Pattarkine of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty has been invited to conduct a workshop at the 2013 MicroNanoTechnology (MNT) Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
May 14, 2013
- HU Welcomes Its Newest Alumni: Class of 2013 Commencement
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology's newest alumni earned their degrees today during the University’s 2013 Commencement and Partners Day exercises.
May 9, 2013
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Names New President
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Board of Trustees has selected interim school president Dr. Eric Darr as President effective immediately.
May 9, 2013