- Free Nanotechnology Applications in the Health Sciences Academy for 7th & 8th Graders
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will host a free “Nanotechnology Applications in the Health Sciences” Academy for students in grades 7th & 8th set for Saturday, April 6th.
Feb 4, 2013
- Virtusphere Focus of Session at eLearning Guild Forum
The Virtusphere at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be the topic of a presentation during the forthcoming eLearning Guild’s May 9–10, 2013 Online Forum, “Simulations for eLearning: Best Practices for the Almost-real World.”
Feb 1, 2013
- 2012 Honors List Recognzies Students' Academic Achievement
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology congratulates the following students for their scholarship and inclusion on the 2012 Honors List. The Honors List recognizes undergraduates who earn a semester grade point average of 3.50 or higher; and who have completed a minimum of 9 semester hours of course work.
Jan 31, 2013
- HU Joins New Mentoring Network to Advance Women in Academic STEM Careers
A new regional Mentoring Network that includes Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is now offered to faculty in STEM fields at colleges and universities in central Pennsylvania to enhance available support networks.
Jan 22, 2013
- University Continues To Receive Registered Education Provider Distinction
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology announced today that the Project Management Institute® ),the world’s largest project management member association, has renewed the campus’ Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) distinction.
Jan 14, 2013
- Eagle Scout's Career to Take Flight Thanks to Sponaugle Foundation Scholarship
An Eagle Scout will graduate with his undergraduate degree in nanobiotechnology from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, thanks to scholarship support he received from The G.R. & Grace M. Sponaugle Charitable Foundation.
Jan 10, 2013
- Department of Energy Invites HU Professor to Serve as Expert on Biomass BioEnergy
A Harrisburg University of Science and Technology professor has contributed three chapters to two recently published books, and she has been invited by the U.S. Department of Energy to serve on a professional network.
Jan 10, 2013
- Games - Sleep = Glory! Sign Up for the Free Global Game Jam @ HU
It is 48 hours of games, glory and not much sleep. Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be a host site for the 5th Global Game Jam set for January 25 to January 27.
Jan 9, 2013
- ALO Magazine Features Article By HU Professor
It’s not every day that Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and an HU professor appear in the same magazine. But HU’s Mehdi Noorbaksh and Sixx both appear in the premiere digital version of ALO Magazine in the iTunes Store.
Jan 8, 2013
- HU's Food Safety & Quality Assurance Programs will be on Display at the 2013 PA Farm Show
Attendees of the 2012 PA Farm Show—billed as the largest indoor agricultural exposition in the country--should make plans to visit booths 5190 and 5191 to learn more about Harrisburg University as well as to meet members of its community.
Jan 2, 2013
- Make Supporting HU with a Gift One of Your Resolutions for the New Year
Make supporting HU with a gift one of your New Year's resolutions. You can make a gift to support HU’s mission online at http:// www.HarrisburgU.edu/givenow It will help propel another young person on the way to success.
Dec 27, 2012
- Amazing Makeover Health Edition: Role-Playing for Behavior Change
Andy Petroski and Charles Palmer will lead a session during the January 15-17th conference on a mobile role-playing game created to improve players’ health. The session is entitled: Amazing Makeover Health Edition: Role-Playing for Behavior Change.
Dec 21, 2012
- Make A Resolution to Become a Mentor in 2013!
January 2013 marks the 12th anniversary of National Mentoring Month (NMM), a month-long campaign spearheaded by the Harvard Mentoring Project of the Harvard School of Public Health, MENTOR, and the Corporation for National and Community Service. National Mentoring Month is celebrated at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology where our mentoring program is dedicated to helping students succeed.
Dec 18, 2012
- Spring 2013 Graduate Courses Available to Online Learners
Interested in graduate courses that Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has to offer , but can't make it to the Harrisburg campus? Join classes via an online option that delivers courses simultaneously to on-campus and online students with user-friendly Adobe Connect™ software.
Dec 7, 2012
- Capital BlueCross, Harrisburg University Partner to offer Internships for Health Care Analytics Majors
Harrisburg University's new health care analytics degree program will help to produce more college graduates who are job-ready in this field.
Dec 6, 2012
- Tips on Latest Tech Gadgets from HU's Charles Palmer
Charles Palmer, the Executive Director for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies and an Associate Professor of Multimedia at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, joined WITF’s audio specialist Joe Ulrich on the program during its December 4th broadcast to discuss the latest tech devices and answer questions about them.
Dec 5, 2012
- HU Announces New Educational Partner Discount Program
The University is showing its gratitude to those firms and organizations that provide internships with a new Educational Partner Discount Program. The program will benefit employees of organizations that are serving, or have agreed to serve, as internship and project sites for students.
Dec 3, 2012
- Faculty Member to Lead Sessions at Statewide Technology in Education Conference
Andy Petroski of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty will present two sessions during The Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (PETE&C), a statewide conference devoted to technology in education that attracts thousands of educators.
Dec 3, 2012
- University Mourns Passing of Board of Trustee Member William G. Ruhl
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology community is mourning the passing of Board of Trustee member, G. William “Bill” Ruhl.
Nov 30, 2012
- Free Webinars on Training, Management and Learning Topics
Graduate students in the Learning Technologies Master of Science (LTMS) program continue to get a hands-on education in the LTMS 609: Synchronous Facilitation course this fall and you’re invited to join them for a series of free webinars that they are producing.
Nov 13, 2012