- HU Team Creates High-Tech & Interactive Displays in Honor of Slain Civil Rights Leaders
The Moore Cultural Complex, which honors civil-rights leaders Harry T. and Harriette V. Moore who died of injuries from a 1951 bombing of their home, now has new high tech-kiosks and interactive displays created by a University team
Jan 13, 2012
- HU Community Has Free Access to Vast Library of Online Training Materials
Thanks to a licensing agreement with the online training provider, members of the University community can take tutorials to help with coursework, learn techniques for projects or build tech skills to boost careers through Lynda.com, a great online resource with hundreds of hours of application tutorials
Jan 12, 2012
- Information Technology and Biotech are Hot Careers for 2012 - and Beyond
Anne Fisher writing for Fortune Magazine reports that despite the fact that unemployment is stuck at around 9%, which translates to about 15 million Americans out of work, nearly 3 million job openings in the U.S. are going unfilled, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Jan 6, 2012
- Free Panel Discussion: Social Media and Training & Education
The free 2012 Social Media Summit on May 23rd at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will include a panel of experts who are passionate about using social networking tools so attendees can learn how to use these platforms to engage and educate students in K-12 and college classrooms and workforces
Jan 5, 2012
- BarCamp Harrisburg 2012 to Cover Cyber Security, Coding, Learning Technologies, and Mobile Application Development
BarCamp Harrisburg, an ad-hoc ‘unconference’ focused on cyber security, coding, web technology, and mobile application development is coming to Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on March 31, 2012.
Jan 4, 2012
- Visit the HU Booths during the 96th Pennsylvania Farm Show
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty, staff and students will showcase educational programs as well as food and sensory activities at the campus during the 96th Pennsylvania Farm Show, which is set for January 7th through the 14th in Harrisburg.
Jan 4, 2012
- Requirement Traps Theme of PM Partners Event
The free event has the theme of Requirement Traps. It is scheduled for 8:30 a.m.-11 a.m., January 20 at Harrisburg University, which is located at 326 Market Street in Harrisburg. Join other project managers from government and the private sector in facilitated small group discussions. Attendees can earn 2 PMI PDUs.
Jan 3, 2012
- University to Offer Three Graduate-Level Courses Online in Spring 2012
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will offer three Learning Technologies Master of Science (LTMS) courses entirely online in synchronous format for the spring 2012 semester.
Jan 3, 2012
- Free Entrepreneur Pitch Camp as Part of 2012 Social Media Summit
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and the Founder Institute are partnering to offer a “Pitch Camp" on May 23, 2012
Jan 3, 2012
- Free Workshop on Using Social Media For Research
As part of the free 2012 Social Media Summit set for May 23 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Amy Marshall, Partner and Chief Operating Officer of Webbed Marketing, will lead a workshop “Using Social Media for Research” to help attendees understand how to harness the massive amounts of real-time data are available via social media.
Jan 3, 2012
- Future of Gaming Strategy for Learning Organizations Topic of LEEF 2012 Keynote Sessions
Keynote sessions at the Learning & Entertainment Evolution Forum 2012 will focus on the future of gaming strategy for learning organizations.
Jan 2, 2012
- Free Workshop: Social Media and Network Management & Security
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will offer a free workshop, Social Media and Network Management & Security, that address on how to achieve that balance while maintaining network control and security through user.
Jan 2, 2012
- HU Faculty to Demonstrate Virtual Walk-thru of the Human Heart
Charles Palmer of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty will demonstrate an immersive, 3d, virtual walk-thru of the human heart using the Virtusphere for Otronicon, an interactive technology expo taking place in January at the Orlando Science Center in Florida.
Dec 22, 2011
- Government Technology Institute is First of Its Kind in the State
Public sector information technology workers now have a local institution in which to seek certification in their ever-evolving field: Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s Government Technology Institute, a first of its kind in the state.
Dec 14, 2011
- HU Toy Drive to Benefit The Children's Cancer Recovery Foundation
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is holding a Toy Drive. A Toy Drive box has been placed on 1st floor next to the security desk collection items for The Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation
Dec 10, 2011
- Government CIOs Share Ideas in Harrisburg U. Certificate Program
This fall, 25 Pennsylvania government CIOs trade ideas, learn from senior leaders and discuss how to meet growing technology demands with fewer resources in a certificate program at the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Dec 9, 2011
- Nanotech Plus Founder to Give Keynote During Nanobiotech Exploration Day Event
Dr. Brauer’s keynote is part of larger set of activities aimed at inspiring a wave of future innovators by improving the quality of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education in America.
Dec 8, 2011
- University to Welcome 100 Students from Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will welcome approximately 100 students from the Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth “Explore Biotechnology Weekend” which is set for December 10 and 11.
Dec 7, 2011
- Free Presentations Highlight Connection Between Technology and Employee Learning
Corporate trainers, HR managers, educators and the community are invited to attend a series of free presentations aimed at showcasing the important connection between learning and achieving organizational results scheduled for Thursday, December 8, 2011, at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Dec 6, 2011
- Pennsylvania Executive Leadership Forum to Feature Sessions by HU Faculty
Two faculty members from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be among the presenters at the upcoming Pennsylvania Executive Leadership Forum, which is set for December 7-8 in Harrisburg.
Dec 2, 2011