- University Expects Largest Class in Its History
Residential students began moving into the new Market View Place apartments at 301 Market Street and the Residences on Market as Harrisburg University of Science and Technology prepares to start classes for the Fall 2012 semester.
Aug 20, 2012
- PA Department of Education Approves HU to offer the Instructional Technology Specialist (ITS) certification
The Learning Technologies Master of Science (LTMS) program at Harrisburg University of Science & Technology has been approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to offer the Instructional Technology Specialist (ITS) certification.
Aug 17, 2012
- HU Student to Present at ACS National Meeting
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology student Nidhi Singh will present a poster on the use of Terahertz spectroscopy for DNA Diagnostics during the 244th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS) in Philadelphia. A senior majoring in Nanobiotechnology, Singh is presenting her poster in the Division of Small Chemical Businesses.
Aug 14, 2012
- Good News for Learning Technologies Students: Survey Shows Spending for E-Learning Soars
Thinking of pursing a Learning Technologies Master of Science degree at HU? Survey data shows that total expenditures per company will increase 240 percent ($3.5 million increase versus $1.46 million in 2011). The key trends and perspectives within the corporate space show that initiatives and buying patterns are changing to reflect the utilization of new technology platforms for E-Learning Development, Mobile Learning, and Social Learning Networks.
Jul 19, 2012
- HU Announces New Partnership to Market and Deliver Learning Technology Solutions
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has signed a memorandum of understanding with Avalon Foster Group, LLC, for a partnership that will market and deliver learning technology solutions and consulting to the private sector.
Jul 18, 2012
- Auction Benefits Student Scholarships
The 2012 Mark Brezler Memorial Auction is set for 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, August 2 at Molly Branningan’s, which is located at Second & Walnut Streets in Harrisburg.
Jul 16, 2012
- LTMS Student Designs Hybrid Chemistry Course for Lower Dauphin High School
Tom Hanninen is enrolled in the Learning Technologies Master of Science program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, and he is a chemistry teacher at Lower Dauphin High School. As part of his internship, he is designing, developing, and implementing a hybrid chemistry course that students can take to fulfill their honors chemistry requirement.
Jul 11, 2012
- HU's First Full-Time Student in the LTMS Program!
Justin Venters holds the distinction of being the first full-time student enrolled in the Learning Technologies Master of Science (LTMS) program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
Jul 10, 2012
- University Welcomes Experienced Leader & Educator to Develop Its Centers
Dale Hamby has joined the University, as the Associate Vice President for University Centers, to work with the center directors and faculty members leading center initiatives. He will provide project oversight for each center, as well as support business development, relationship development, and program development for each center as well as coordinate strategic efforts across all centers
Jul 3, 2012
- Harrisburg University Sees Partnerships as Vital
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s Interim President, Dr. Eric Darr, and Robert J. Dolan, Chair of the Board of Trustees, visited on July 2nd with the editorial board of the Pulitzer Prize-winning daily newspaper, The Patriot-News.
Jul 3, 2012
- HU Grad Student Participates in Langley Aerospace Research Summer Scholars Project
Terrell R. Darden of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is spending this summer in a paid internship at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA.
Jun 29, 2012
- Board of Trustees Announces Rooms to be Named in Honor of Dr. Schiavelli
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Board of Trustees today announced that it has named several learning spaces in the Academic Center in honor of outgoing founding president, Dr. Mel Schiavelli.
Jun 27, 2012
- HU Professor Presents Paper During International Conference
Dr. Amjad Umar of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology recently returned from presenting a paper during the IEEE International Technology Management Conference on June 26th in Dallas, TX.
Jun 26, 2012
- Game Academy Students to Present Projects, Community Invited
The community is invited to attend a demonstration of game ideas and prototypes developed by the students who attended the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Summer Game Academy.
The free event is set to occur 11 a.m., Saturday, June 30th at the University, which is located at 326 Market Street in Harrisburg. An RSVP is required at www.HarrisburgU.edu/RSVP
Jun 25, 2012
- Government Technology Institute Welcomes Computer Aid, Inc. as Founding Member
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology announced today that Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) has become a founding member of the Government Technology Institute (GTI) at the private university.
Jun 22, 2012
- Gannett Fleming, HU and HACC Partner to Create Central Pennsylvania Geospatial Technology Center
Gannett Fleming, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, and Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) have partnered to create the Central Pennsylvania Geospatial Technology Center (GTC).
Jun 21, 2012
- Limited Seats Available for Summer Game Academy
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is accepting applications for the Summer Game Academy offered July 23rd through August 4th in the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies.
Jun 8, 2012
- NRG Energy Center & HU to Partner to Map Piping Infrastructure
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is pleased to announce a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) project with the NRG Energy Center in Harrisburg.
Jun 5, 2012
- 2012 Project Leadership Forum to Explore the Psychology of Project Management
Learn how to adapt to change and to enable continual improvement that can contribute greatly to an organization’s sustainability and success during the 2012 Project Leadership Forum at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Jun 4, 2012
- Stay CONNECTED with Educators' Technology Clinics at Harrisburg University
There’s still time to register for graduate courses from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology master of science degree in Learning Technologies offered in a special summer format, ideal for educators, who are interested in the enhancing their use of technology for learning. The clinics provide a focused and applied learning environment to explore best practices for effective teaching and learning as part of technology integration.
Jun 4, 2012