- Games - Sleep = Glory! Sign Up for the Free Global Game Jam @ HU
It is 48 hours of games, glory and not much sleep. Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be a host site for the 5th Global Game Jam set for January 25 to January 27.
Jan 9, 2013
- ALO Magazine Features Article By HU Professor
It’s not every day that Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and an HU professor appear in the same magazine. But HU’s Mehdi Noorbaksh and Sixx both appear in the premiere digital version of ALO Magazine in the iTunes Store.
Jan 8, 2013
- HU's Food Safety & Quality Assurance Programs will be on Display at the 2013 PA Farm Show
Attendees of the 2012 PA Farm Show—billed as the largest indoor agricultural exposition in the country--should make plans to visit booths 5190 and 5191 to learn more about Harrisburg University as well as to meet members of its community.
Jan 2, 2013
- Make Supporting HU with a Gift One of Your Resolutions for the New Year
Make supporting HU with a gift one of your New Year's resolutions. You can make a gift to support HU’s mission online at http:// www.HarrisburgU.edu/givenow It will help propel another young person on the way to success.
Dec 27, 2012
- Amazing Makeover Health Edition: Role-Playing for Behavior Change
Andy Petroski and Charles Palmer will lead a session during the January 15-17th conference on a mobile role-playing game created to improve players’ health. The session is entitled: Amazing Makeover Health Edition: Role-Playing for Behavior Change.
Dec 21, 2012
- Make A Resolution to Become a Mentor in 2013!
January 2013 marks the 12th anniversary of National Mentoring Month (NMM), a month-long campaign spearheaded by the Harvard Mentoring Project of the Harvard School of Public Health, MENTOR, and the Corporation for National and Community Service. National Mentoring Month is celebrated at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology where our mentoring program is dedicated to helping students succeed.
Dec 18, 2012
- Spring 2013 Graduate Courses Available to Online Learners
Interested in graduate courses that Harrisburg University of Science and Technology has to offer , but can't make it to the Harrisburg campus? Join classes via an online option that delivers courses simultaneously to on-campus and online students with user-friendly Adobe Connect™ software.
Dec 7, 2012
- Capital BlueCross, Harrisburg University Partner to offer Internships for Health Care Analytics Majors
Harrisburg University's new health care analytics degree program will help to produce more college graduates who are job-ready in this field.
Dec 6, 2012
- Tips on Latest Tech Gadgets from HU's Charles Palmer
Charles Palmer, the Executive Director for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies and an Associate Professor of Multimedia at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, joined WITF’s audio specialist Joe Ulrich on the program during its December 4th broadcast to discuss the latest tech devices and answer questions about them.
Dec 5, 2012
- HU Announces New Educational Partner Discount Program
The University is showing its gratitude to those firms and organizations that provide internships with a new Educational Partner Discount Program. The program will benefit employees of organizations that are serving, or have agreed to serve, as internship and project sites for students.
Dec 3, 2012
- Faculty Member to Lead Sessions at Statewide Technology in Education Conference
Andy Petroski of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty will present two sessions during The Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (PETE&C), a statewide conference devoted to technology in education that attracts thousands of educators.
Dec 3, 2012
- University Mourns Passing of Board of Trustee Member William G. Ruhl
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology community is mourning the passing of Board of Trustee member, G. William “Bill” Ruhl.
Nov 30, 2012
- Free Webinars on Training, Management and Learning Topics
Graduate students in the Learning Technologies Master of Science (LTMS) program continue to get a hands-on education in the LTMS 609: Synchronous Facilitation course this fall and you’re invited to join them for a series of free webinars that they are producing.
Nov 13, 2012
- National College Guidebook Recommends Six HU Undergraduate Programs
The 30th edition of Rugg’s Recommendations on the Colleges includes six of the University’s undergraduate programs: Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer and Information Sciences, Forensics, Geospatial Technology, Management & eBusiness.
Nov 8, 2012
- Globalization and Public Administration Focus of Forum
Dr. Mehdi Noorbaksh of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty will be among the presenters at an upcoming forum entitled, “Globalization and Public Administration.”
Nov 1, 2012
- Agreement With Hussian School of Art Brings Harrisburg University to Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s Hussian School of Art will partner with Harrisburg University of Science and Technology to deliver programs in interactive media management, general studies, computer and information sciences, and learning technologies.
Oct 24, 2012
- Major Trends in Corporate Training and Development to Benefit LTMS Students
Why earn a master of science in Learning Technologies at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology? HU offers eight reasons based on new industry forecasts.
Oct 23, 2012
- Games & Simulations Programs Offer More than Entertainment
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is the only higher education institution in Central Pennsylvania to offer academic program options in games and simulations design and development, during the 2012-13 academic year, according to new research from the Entertainment Software Association (ESA).
Oct 11, 2012
- Professor Invited to Submit to New Nanotechnology Publication
A new international journal –NANOTECHNOLOGY REVIEWS-has invited a Harrisburg University of Science and Technology professor to contribute a feature article to the publication.
Oct 10, 2012
- Attending EdCamp Harrisburg is a Smart Move for Educators
An upcoming free ‘unconference’ known as EdCamp Harrisburg hopes to provide those with a passion for education with an opportunity to lean new ideas to meet the constantly evolving demands of helping students succeed.
Oct 4, 2012