- Free Technology Forum to Focus on Mobility Solutions in Government
The benefits of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies within state government and strategies for dealing with the proliferation of wireless devices are among the topics for discussion at the free Community Technology Forum: “Mobility Solutions" which is scheduled for 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., June 21st at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Jun 1, 2012
- Register today for the "Technology Business Management-CIO Resource Planning" Focus of Forum
The public is invited to the Government Technology Institute's Community Technology Forum: "Technology Business Management—CIO Resource Planning" featuring Bob Mori and Jay Wanek of Apptio, Inc. Sponsored by CISCO, the free event is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., June 12 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 31, 2012
- PA Nanotechnology 2012: Nanotech's Role in Advancing PA's Economy Set for June 5th at Harrisburg University
Nanotech's role in advancing Pennsylvania’s economy is the focus of an upcoming one-day program at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 30, 2012
- Senator John R. Gordner of Pennsylvania's 27th District to Give Remarks at PA Nanotech Conference
Senator John R. Gordner (PA 27th Senatorial District) will welcome attendees of PA Nanotechnology 2012 Conference which is set for June 5th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 29, 2012
- National Nanotech Leader to be Keynote Speaker at HU Hosted Conference
The keynote speaker for the June 5th PA Nanotechnology 2012 at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will be Dr. Sally Tinkle, Deputy Director of the National Nanotech Coordination Office (NNCO) of the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC).
May 29, 2012
- HU President Leaving, Dr. Eric Darr Appointed Interim President
After a decade at the helm of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Dr. Mel Schiavelli announced today that he is leaving the university he helped to establish to take on a new role at another higher education institution
May 24, 2012
- A Note of Thanks to the Community from Dr. Mel Schiavelli
Dr. Mel Schiavelli, who has served as president and CEO of Harrisburg University of Science and Technology since 2002, has accepted the position of executive vice president for academic and student services at Northern Virginia Community College effective July 1, 2012. Below is a note of thanks from Mel to the HU community:
May 24, 2012
- Video Available of Ron Huston's Community Technology Forum
video is available online of the Government Technology Institute's May 2012 Community Technology Forum: "Developing an Enterprise Portfolio Project Management Office with Clarity Technology" featuring Ron Huston President of ClearPoint.
May 17, 2012
- Congratulations to the Class of 2012
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology graduated its largest class in its brief history during the 2012 Commencement and Partners Day event on May 11, 2012 at the Whitaker Center Sunoco Theatre in Harrisburg.
May 11, 2012
- Community Technology Forum Focused on How to Develop an Enterprise Portfolio Project Management Office
The public is invited to the Government Technology Institute's May 2012 Community Technology Forum: “Developing an Enterprise Portfolio Project Management Office with Clarity Technology” featuring Ron Huston President of ClearPoint and Sponsored by CA Technologies. The event is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., May 17th at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May 8, 2012
- Three Students to be the First Undergraduate Alumni To Complete Second Degree at University
The 2012 Commencement and Partners Day at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, now more than a decade old, is another milestone for the first university to be founded in Pennsylvania in more than 100 years.
May 7, 2012
- HU Professor to Present at Micro Nano Technology Conference
Dr. Leena Pattarkine of the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology faculty has been invited to present at the Micro Nano Technology Conference on May 7-9th at Penn State.
May 6, 2012
- PA BioGENEius Challenge Winners
First place awards, and an all-expense paid trip to Boston for the U.S. Nationals, went to Gaurav Sirdeshpande and Kevin Zhang.
Apr 30, 2012
- HU Receives Grant for GPS and Water Quality Testing Equipment
The Department of Environmental Protection announced this week that it is awarding a $6,200 grant to Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Pennsylvania.
Apr 24, 2012
- Student Creates 3D Tour of Harrisburg
A 3D tour of downtown Harrisburg created by a Harrisburg University of Science and Technology student is featured on a Google Earth Blog.
Apr 21, 2012
- New U: Meet the Donors Who Have Taken It Upon Themselves to Launch New Colleges
Evan Sparks of Philanthropy Magazine wrote about the gift to the University in a round-up story, New U, that focuses on gifts to start-up universities that appears in the Spring 2012 issue of the magazine.
Apr 20, 2012
- Video of Unisys Corp CEO Ed Coleman Presention on Rapid Technology Changes Transforming the Business
Ed Coleman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, of Unisys Corporation, presented on Rapid Technology Changes Transforming the Business as part of an open community forum, scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m., Thursday, April 19th at the University.
Apr 19, 2012
- HU Will Host PA BioGENEius Challenge
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will host The Pennsylvania BioGENEius Challenge, a state-level competition for 30 high school students doing original research in biotechnology, which is scheduled for Saturday, April 28th.
Apr 18, 2012
- STEM-UP PA Advancing Academic Women
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is a co-sponsor of an upcoming STEM-UP PA leadership development event entitled, Women in Leadership in STEM Fields, scheduled to occur Thursday, May 17, 2012 -- 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. in the Dixon University Center’s Richards Hall in Harrisburg.
Apr 17, 2012
- Making Biology Relevant to Undergraduates Article Profiles SENCER
The American Institute of Biological Sciences has profiled the Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities (SENCER) program within the National Center for Science and Civic Engagement (NCSCE) at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
Apr 11, 2012